OKI Data, Neopost, Team Up to Provide Easy Label-Printer Solution for Craft-Beer Kegs
OKI Data Americas reports that, together with partner Neopost USA, it’s introducing a new and state-of-the-art printing solution for craft-beer brewers needing to print labels for those all-important beer kegs. The new solution bundles OKI’s HD-CX1700 digital production printer with pre-die-cut media for the two most common sizes of keg collars (5″ and 6.5″) to deliver a “robust solution for producing keg collars quickly, easily and cost-effectively at the brewery plant.”
OKI says that what makes the solution of even greater value is its unique media-handling capabilities, plus the ability to print white and clear in addition to full-color – and that users can also produce envelopes, promotional items, tasting-room materials, and menus on-demand, allowing for quick changes and customization. OKI will demonstrate the solution at the BrewExpo America tradeshow taking place May 4-6, 2016 at the Philadelphia Convention Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
According to the firm, research shows that keg collars sourced by craft brewers are costly and limit brewers’ flexibility to print on-demand keg collars that are required by law for product shipments from the brewery. However, the OKI HD-CX1600 four-color and HD-CX1700 five-color digital, LED-array, toner-based production printers marketed by Neopost enable craft brewers to print keg collars in-house to reduce costs and expand print-on-demand capabilities, as they’re able to produce virtually any number of printed pieces – whether one or thousands, with white and clear printing capabilities, at an affordable price point.
“The craft-brewing industry is growing rapidly and will be a key market for our print technology through our strategic partnership program with Neopost,” commented Dan Murphy, senior vice president of marketing for OKI Data Americas, noting “As this market expands and matures, more brewers are seeking new ways to increase branding and customer engagement without breaking the bank.”
According to William Longua, senior director of the Digital Print Group for Neopost USA, “Neopost’s superior digital-printing solutions perfectly address the needs of the craft-brewing industry. Our original keg-collar printing solution gives brewers the power to print custom output on-demand, in full color. That control saves time, saves money, and produces high-impact marketing output with ease.”
The HD-CX1600 and HD-CX1700 color-printing solutions feature OKI’s Single Pass Color as well as OKI’s proprietary digital LED and HD Color printing technologies, technologies that OKI says feature fewer moving parts for increased reliability and outstanding color output quality.
- April 2016: OKI Europe Introduces Graphic-Arts Printers that Print in Neon Colors
- April 2016: OKI Extends Warranty for ColorPainter Wide-Format Printers to Three Years
- March 2016: ‘Wrapping’ Cars with Colorful Output Produced by OKI’s ColorPainter Wide-Format Color Printers
- November 2015: Navitas Leasing to Provide Financing for OKI Production and Specialty Printing Systems
- October 2015: OKI to Demo New Wide-Format Printer and Specialty-Printing Offerings at SGIA Expo
- October 2015: OKI Sets Up New Wide-Format Printer Company with Acquisition of Seiko I Infotech’s Printer Business
- September 2015: New OKI C942 Billed as Fastest Color Production Printer in Its Class
- August 2015: New OKI C831TS Compact Textile Printer for Customizing, Decorating T-Shirts, Etc.
- August 2015: New OKI C941DP Envelope Printer Prints in Color, Plus White and Clear