Epson Updates Creative Print Mobile-Printing App for Printing Photos from Instagram
According to Wired Magazine, over 40 billion photos have been uploaded to the Instagram photo-sharing sites. In response, printer-company Epson has updated its Epson Creative Print App. for easier printing of Instagram photos using compatible Epson inkjet printers and All-in-One.
Epson says the app features a simplified design and interface, allowing users to build photo collages using their own Instagram images, as well as virtually any photo stored directly in their tablet or smartphone. Up to 12 photos may be selected and highlighted in a framed photo collage and then printed in a variety of sizes, up to 8.5″x11″ in size, using compatible Epson color inkjet All-in-Ones and printers, such as the Epson Expression Home-XP-430 Small-in-One.
Users can also use the Epson Creative Print app to access and print Facebook photos to create custom greeting cards and stationery, including lined paper, and personalized paper, all using the user’s own photos. Users may also print photos directly onto CD/DVDs with compatible Epson printers, and convert personal photos into coloring-book templates. Mobile users can also use the Creative Print app and social network photos to create and print DIY craft projects, include refrigerator décor.
The app also enables users to purchase supplies, including ink and paper. With the app, users may also check printer status, ink levels, print-head nozzles, and perform printer print-head cleaning. It supports Apple iOS v7.0 and later, and Android v4.0 and later.
The app is part of the Epson Connect suite of mobile-printing solutions, which include email mobile print, remote print, scan to cloud-based sites, Epson’s iPrint app, and the Epson mobile Print and Scan app. The Epson Connect suite also includes mobile-printing solutions from various partners, including Android Print, Apple AirPrint, Fire OS print (print from Amazon Fire tablets), Google Cloud Print (print from smartphones and tablet using Gmail or Google Docs, as well as print from Chromebooks and Google Chrome), and also provides support for the Mopria Print Service (print v4.4 or later Android smartphones and tablets).
The Creative Print app is currently available for free downloading from Google Play and at the Apple App Store. For a list of compatible Epson printers, and to download the app, visit Epson here.
- April 2016: New Epson Expression Home XP-430 is Sub-$100 All-in-One with Wireless, Mobile, and Cloud Connectivity
- September 2015: New Epson PM-400 Personal Photo Lab Printer
- August 2015: New Epson EcoTank Inkjets Said to Print up to Two Years Without Needing Ink Replacement
- April 2015: Epson’s New Expression Home XP-420 ‘Small-in-One’ Inkjet Provides Wireless, Cloud, and Mobile Connectivity
- March 2015: New Epson Perfection V39 Personal Document Scanner with ArcSoft for Scanning Over-Size Documents
- February 2015: New $69.99 Desktop Document Scanner, Perfection V19, from Epson
- January 2015: Epson Brings Business Inkjets with Replaceable Ink Packs for Printing Up to 75,000 Pages to the U.S.