New Samsung SOHO Desktop Laser Printer, All-in-One with Wireless, NFC Tap-to-Print, Mobile Print App
Samsung Printing Solutions recently added two new desktop black-and-white entry-level laser models, the Xpress M3015DW standalone printer, and Xpress M3065FW All-in-One, both of which are available through retail channels, and both of which are likely most suitable for small and home-office use. The Xpress M3015DW printer retails for about $159.99, while the Xpress M3065FW All-in-One retails for about $249.99. Both models print on up to 8.5″x14″ media.
Xpress M3015DW Standalone Printer
Rated at up to 31 ppm, and equipped with a 600 MHz CPU, the M3015DW features Near Field Communication (NFC) connectivity. With it, users can simply tap their NFC-enabled mobile device on the printer to establish a Wi-Fi direct connection with the printer in order to print. There’s also the Samsung Mobile Print App, available for Apple iPhones and iPads, as well as for Microsoft Windows Phones, and Android smartphones, and which enables users to print from these mobile devices to the printer over their wireless network. Users can print images, PDFs, and the full suite of Microsoft Office documents, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
There’s also Samsung’s Smart CMS (Smart Color Management System) that’s said to improve the quality of mobile printing with an automatic image-adjustment function that enhances sharpness and removes white gaps, as well as support for Google Cloud Print mobile printing.
Other specifications include:
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port, Ethernet 10/100 Base TX network interface, and Wireless 802.11 b/g/n connectivity.
- Automatic two-sided duplex printing.
- 600 x 600 dpi resolution.
- 250-sheet paper tray.
- Compatible with Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2008R2, 2008, 2003, and 2012, and with Apple Mac OS X 10.6- 10.11, as well as with various Linux operating systems.
- Supplies consist of a standard black toner cartridge that yields up to 1,200 pages, and a high-yield toner cartridge that yields up to 4,000 pages.
- Maximum monthly volume is up to 12,000 pages.
Xpress M3065FW All-in-One
The Xpress M3065FW is the printer, but adds copy, scan, and Super Group 3 fax, and scans/copies documents up to 8.5″x14″. There’s a 40-page automatic document feeder, and two-line LCD display. Scan provides both black-and-white and color scanning, and is at 1,200 x 1,200 dpi optical resolution. Samsung provides both TWAIN and WIA scan drivers, and scanning is to PCs only. The All-in-One also uses a standard 12,000-page-yield toner cartridge, as well as the high-yield toner cartridge that yields up to 4,000 pages.
- April 2016: Hancom Office App Lets Samsung MFP Users Edit Docs on Touch Screen
- March 2016: New Samsung ProXpress C30 Color MFPs: Built ‘Better and Faster’ and with Higher Toner Yield
- December 2015: New Samsung Desktop Color Printer and Copier/MFP with NFC, Cloud Printing, Scan-to-eMail
- October 2015: Amazon Announces New Toner- and Ink-Cartridge Replacement Service for Brother, Samsung Printers
- September 2015: New Samsung ProXpress M4030ND Printer and M4080FX MFP Feature NFC Tap-to-Print Mobile Print and NFC User Authentication
- July 2015: New Samsung Xpress C430 and C480 Color Desktop Models Feature Native Scan-to-eMail, NFC Mobile Printing
- February 2015: New Samsung Desktop Printers with iOS & Android Mobile Printing, Usage Tracking, Secure Printing, More