OKI Europe Introduces Graphic-Arts Printers that Print in Neon Colors
OKI Europe is introducing two toner-based printers for graphics-arts printing, the Pro6410 NeonColor and Pro6410 NeonColor, which it says enable printing of “super-bright, eye-catching fluorescent designs” on transfer media.
According to the firm, with the printers, print houses and graphic-arts departments can create fluorescent effects on either light or dark backgrounds, with the added option of using OKI’s neon white toner as a security mark that’s only revealed when it’s checked under UV black light. The firm says applications include those in garment and product decoration, personalization, packaging and proofing, point-of-sale, and in-store signage and education.
The Pro6410 NeonColor and Pro7411WT print on up to A4 (8.5″x11″) media on weights of up to 250 gsm; there’s also user-assisted banner printing on up 1,320 mm-long media. The Pro9420WT can also print on up to SRA3 media size, and media weight up to 300 gsm.
The printers use neon-color toners, as well as black, the latter of which may be swapped out with a neon white toner cartridge. Neon white toner may also be used to provide a white background for transfer to dark substrates.
Other features includes:
- 1,200 x 600 dpi or 600 x 600 dpi print resolution.
- Uses OKI’s toner-based LED-printing technology.
- Print speed rated at up to 34 ppm.
- 400-sheet standard paper capacity expandable to a maximum of 1,360 sheets.
- Hi-Speed USB port and 10/100-TX Ethernet network interface.
- PostScript Level 3 print driver.
- All-in-one consumables to reduce costs.
- Prints transfers for fluorescent neon designs on ceramic, plastic and metal, control panels and gauges, window stickers, number plates, and car dealer stickers.
The printers ship with neon cyan, neon magenta, and neon yellow (CYM) toner cartridges, each yielding up to 3,000 pages, and a white toner cartridge yielding up to 2,000 pages. Replacement neon CYM cartridges yield up to 6,000 pages, while a black cartridge also yields up to 6,000 pages.
For more information on OKI’s NeonColor printers, visit OKI Europe here.
- April 2016: OKI Extends Warranty for ColorPainter Wide-Format Printers to Three Years
- March 2016: ‘Wrapping’ Cars with Colorful Output Produced by OKI’s ColorPainter Wide-Format Color Printers
- October 2015: OKI Sets Up New Wide-Format Printer Company with Acquisition of Seiko I Infotech’s Printer Business
- September 2015: New OKI C942 Billed as Fastest Color Production Printer in Its Class