Konica Minolta Expands Presence in Label-Printing Market with New bizhub PRESS C71cf
Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. is introducing a new digital-printing solution for the label- and package-printing industry, the bizhub PRESS C71cf. The firm says this new digital press is “the first of many new products” that supports Konica Minolta’s strategy in the label- and package-printing industry market.
The firm note that, as the market for digitally printed packaging and labels continues to expand, driven by factors such as customization and regionalized products, Konica Minolta says it’s employing its dry-toner technology platform to expand in the market.
The firm bills the bizhub PRESS C71cf as “a simple, uncomplicated, low-risk model for short-run digital (printing),” and that it’s designed with low maintenance in mind. It also features “simple electrical requirements” as well as a small footprint, both of which make for easy installation, as the press can be setup in just one day. It provides for off-the-shelf material for substrate, varnishes and slitting/die-cutting, while substrates used on today’s conventional press can also be used with the C71cf.
Konica Minolta stresses that its commitment to the label-printing industry is demonstrated by its “substantial amount of research and development to create a new and unrivaled label manufacturing solution,” and that it will also leverage its direct North American distribution and service organization to support expansion into the label-printing market.
Features of note include:
- Designed for commercial printers, in-plants, brand owners, and mid-sized converters.
- Uses dry-toner electrophotography printing.
- Prints full cyan, magenta, yellow, black (CMYK) color.
- Supports 1,200 dpi (3,600 dpi equivalent) x 1, 200 dpi resolution and 8-bit gradation,
- Maximum print size of 47”x12.5”.
- Supports a maximum paper width of 320 mm (approximately 13”).
- Print on gloss and matte papers, as well as synthetic, polypropylene, polyester, and BOPP substrates.
- Feeding speeds range from 62 feet/minute to 31 feet/minute, depending on the paper type and options selected.
- Allows shorter print run lengths and on-demand runs.
- Supports personalization and versioning.
- Supports variable data printing (VDP), and both the PPML and PDF/VT formats are included (PDF/VT requires an available APPE option).
For more information and complete specifications, visit Konica Minolta here.
- February 2016: Konica Minolta Expands Production-Print Lineup with 100-PPM bizhub PRO 1100
- October 2015: Konica Minolta Preparing for Launch of KM-1 Inkjet Press for Commercial Printing
- September 2015: Konica Minolta Enters Industrial Printing Market with Launch of bizhub Press C71cf
- August 2015: Konica Minolta to Launch High-Speed Inkjet Textile Printer, the Nassenger SP-1, at End of 2015
- July 2015: Konica Minolta to Begin Mass Production of New Commercial, Industrial Inkjet Print Heads Next Spring
- July 2015: New Konica Minolta EngageIT Variable Data Solution for Variable-Data Printing