Hancom Office App Lets Samsung MFP Users Edit Docs on Touch Screen
Samsung Printing Solutions has introduced a new app from partner Hancom that lets users edit documents downloaded from USB flash drives right on their Samsung MFP’s touch screen.
With the Hancom Office 2014 app, users can make changes to the downloaded document directly on the Samsung MFP’s 10.1″ touch screen via the Samsung Smart UX Center, and then print the document in various file formats, including .doc, .rtf, .csv, .ppt, .xls, and .pdf. Users can also change colors, bold or underline portions of text, as well as access special fonts, change borders, add hyperlinks, and change images or tables. Hancom Office is compatible with the Samsung ProXpress M458x series of printers, as well as with the MultiXpress M537x series, X4 series, and K4 series.
The user then selects Storage to choose the location and file they wish to edit and print.
Below, after selecting the document, the user touches and holds the area they wish to edit:
Using the MFP’s built-in QWERTY-style keyboard, as shown below, the user edits the document as needed:
Below, the user saves their edits via the Save command located on the drop-down menu on the right:
The user can then print the document by selecting the Print command:
Hancom Office also enables users to search through menus and view files via the Smart UX Center, as well as select files as favorites for easier access to them.
- March 2016: Nuance’s Equitrac, AutoStore, SafeCom Now Available for Samsung MFPs
- March 2016: New Samsung ProXpress C30 Color MFPs: Built ‘Better and Faster’ and with Higher Toner Yield
- February 2016: Samsung Taps NCR to Provide Managed Print Services
- December 2015: New Samsung Desktop Color Printer and Copier/MFP with NFC, Cloud Printing, Scan-to-eMail
- December 2015: Samsung RemoteCall App Lets You Connect to Service Personnel for Real-Time Copier/MFP Troubleshooting
- December 2015: New A3 Color and Mono MFPs from Samsung with NFC, Google Cloud Print Mobile Connectivity, More
- October 2015: Amazon Announces New Toner- and Ink-Cartridge Replacement Service for Brother, Samsung Printers
- September 2015: New Samsung ProXpress M4030ND Printer and M4080FX MFP Feature NFC Tap-to-Print Mobile Print and NFC User Authentication
- September 2015: New Samsung XOA-e Provides Print-Fleet Management for Samsung XOA Printers
- July 2015: Samsung Now Shipping Next-Generation MultiXpress 7 MFP Series with Android-Based User Interface