DuraFast Shipping Memjet-Powered Vortex 850R Color Label Printer
DuraFast Label reports it’s now shipping its Memjet-powered Vortex 850R color label printer ($12,450.00 MSPR) to customers throughout the United States and Canada. According to the firm, the Vortex 850R provides fast and affordable label and barcode printing along with variable data printing (VDP), as well as grayscale and full-color printing.
Manufactured by Reprographic Technology USA, the Vortex 850R uses a fixed Memjet inkjet-print head and dye-based CMYKK ink cartridges. It prints up to 8.5″ wide labels at 1,600 dpi at 12 inches per second in a single pass.
It also features a full-size touchscreen, while an optional label rewinder provides roll-to-roll printing. Variable data printing software, such as BarTender 2016, provides variable data printing.
Combining the Vortex 850R with a digital label-finishing system (such as the Scorpio Plus) converts it into a digital label press. This combination prints, laminates, die-cuts, removes matrix, slits, and rewinds printed labels onto finished rolls, all without customers having to pay for dies or tooling. The Vortex 850R can also be used as a pre-die cut label printer.
For more information, visit DuraFast here.
- June 2015: Memjet Opening New San Diego HQ for Growing Number of Employees and New Product Development
- May 2015: RTI Digital Launching XL Stacker for Memjet-Powered Vortex 4200 Wide-Format Color Inkjet Printer
- April 2015: Memjet: Desktop Label Printers Poised for ‘Unprecedented Growth’
- February 2015: IPT Digital to Demonstrate JFlex 870 Powered by Memjet’s Aspen Print Engine
- January 2015: First Memjet-Powered JFlex870 Label Printer Sold in Canada
- November 2014: Memjet: 2014 has been a ‘Banner Year’ with Record Product Development and Growth
- October 2014: New Memjet-Powered Colordyne CDT 3600 Series Digital Label and Tag Production-Printing System
- September 2014: TrojanLabel Launches Memjet-Powered TrojanTwo Mini Digital Label Press