Konica MInolta Acquires Washington, D.C., Office-Equipment Dealer Meridian Imaging
Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. reports that it’s acquired Meridian Imaging Solutions, a “hybrid company” that sells managed print services (MPS) and IT services, as well as printers and copier/MFPs, for an undisclosed sum. The firm says it acquired Meridian as part of its strategy to expand its coverage in the Washington, D.C., area, as Meridian offers “strong government and commercial operations,” and has been in business for over 30 years.
The firm also says the acquisition accelerates its main areas of growth — MPS and IT services — and aligns with its strategy of being a full-service provider.
This is Konica Minolta Business Solutions’ 21st acquisition in the last four years.
As part of the agreement, Meridian’s headquarters will remain in Alexandria, Virginia, and it will retain its 115 employees throughout various branch offices. Meridian will be a wholly owned subsidiary of Konica Minolta Business Solutions, and Matt Williams will remain president and chief operating officer.
Meridian’s customers will have access to Konica Minolta’s line-up of products, applications and services, including those from Konica Minolta’s All Covered IT division, which offers a range of IT strategy, support, project, and cloud-computing solutions across various vertical markets.
“The acquisition of Meridian aligns well with our vision of transforming the workplace of the future by providing solutions to drive efficiency and workflow across business operations,” commented Rick Taylor, president and COO of Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A.
- September 2015: Konica Minolta Canada Acquires Managed Services Provider IT Weapons Inc.
- June 2015: Konica Minolta Acquires Canon, IT Services Dealer SymQuest
- May 2015: Konica Minolta’s All Covered Acquires Assets of America’s Remote Help Desk
- May 2015: Konica Minolta’s All Covered Acquires Assets of Techcess Group
- April 2015: Konica Minolta’s All Covered Acquires Boston-Based EveryNetwork
- February 2015: Konica Minolta’s All Covered Acquires Preferred Networks
- December 2014: Konica Minolta’s All Covered Acquires Assets of Two Cloud-Computing Companies
- September 2014: Konica Minolta Acquires Results Engineering, Provider of Enterprise Content Management Solutions
- June 2014: Konica Minolta Acquires Florida Dealership