New HP 75-PPM PageWide Inkjets; New Officejets, LaserJets; A3 PageWide Copier/MFPs on the Way
Pricing and availability is as follows:
- The HP Officejet Pro 8700 series is expected to be available in April starting at $199.99. The OfficeJet Pro 8210 is expected to be available in September for $129.99.
- The HP Officejet Pro 8720/8730/8740 are expected to be available in April starting at $199.99.
- The HP Officejet Pro 8210 is expected to be available in September for $129.99, while the Pro 8730 will be available in April starting at $199.99.
Also coming soon for micro and home businesses printing up to 800 pages a month, will be the HP OfficeJet Pro 6960/6970 All-in-Ones, which HP expects to be available in June starting at $149.99. The new All-in-Ones will feature:
- Print, copy, scan and fax.
- Designed for home office, micro business, or telecommuters with up to three users printing up to 500 pages per month.
- ISO-rated print speeds of up to 20 (black)/11 (color) ppm.
- Mobile print and scan; manage printing tasks and scan directly from mobile devices.
- Ethernet-wired and wireless networking options.
The HP Officejet Pro 6960/6970 are expected to be available in June starting at $149.99.
New LaserJet Series
The new HP LaserJet printers are designed for print-shop quality color printing, and best value for black-and-white printing. They use HP’s toner cartridges with JetIntelligence technology for higher page yields.
The new HP LaserJet printers consist of:
- The HP LaserJet Pro M501 standalone black-and-white monochrome printer for small and mid-size businesses or work groups printing up to 6,000 pages a month. It offers fastest first page out from ready state, fastest first page out from sleep mode, and is said to provide lowest total energy consumption against competitors in this class. The printers are expected to be available in April starting at $549.00.
- The HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M377 series consist of multifunction color printers (with print, copy, and scan) for small and mid-size businesses or work groups printing up to 4,000 pages per month. They’re said to provide fastest first page out time from sleep mode, fastest duplex printing, and are said to provide lowest total energy consumption against competitors. The HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M377 series is expected to be available in April for $489.00.
New Secure Managed Print Services
HP is also introducing a new managed print services (MPS) offering focused on security. Called Secure MPS, it’s designed to enable security experts to help customers secure their print fleets with the “strongest protections available in the industry,” and then maintain that security over time to address evolving threats and compliance requirements.
HP Secure MPS’s protections include:
- Printers with “self-healing” security capabilities – see our story here for more on self-healing security capabilities.
- Security software to detect threats, as well as protect, monitor, and manage the printer fleet.
- Data encryption to protect confidential data.
- Reporting for regulatory and compliance audits.
- Security experts to help develop a printer-security plan for the customer.
For more information on Secure MPS, visit HP here.