Fuji Xerox Launches iGen 5 150 Press with Fifth Color Station
Fuji Xerox in Singapore has launched its version of the toner-based iGen 5 Press on-demand publishing system with a fifth color station for enhanced color reproduction capabilities.
Fuji Xerox states its marketing mission accordingly:
Targeting printing companies, service bureaus, data centers and other print service providers, Fuji Xerox Asia Pacific Pte Ltd launches Xerox iGen 5 Press color digital on-demand publishing systems – the fastest models among the company’s color production systems using xerography.
This announcement has been expected as Xerox has already launched its version of the iGen 5. Moreover, InfoTrends predicts that the high-end digital production color market will expand from around 60 billion pages today to 87 billion pages globally by 2018, offering a significant growth opportunity for print-service providers.
The Fjui Xerox iGen 5 150 Press provides an optional fifth color in addition to the usual cyan, magenta, yellow and black (CMYK) toners. The fifth color unit increases the ability to match a larger gamut of Pantone Plus colors or unknown spot colors without hindering productivity. Orange, green or blue options supplement CMYK; Fuji says the colors can be easily changed by users, and provide distinctive brand colors without moving short runs to offset.
The iGen 5 Press inherits the print features of the iGen series that include: the ability to printing A4 150 sheets per minute when composed 3-up on the maximum sheet size of 364 mm x 660 mm (14.3″x 26″); 2,400 x 2,400 dpi imaging; Object Oriented Halftoning; and Auto Density Control that automatically corrects color quality.
- EX-P 5 Print Server.
- EFI Fiery or Xerox FreeFlow Print Server to automate and integrate the workflow process from order to finish.
- Up to two (2) 26-inch trays (2,500-sheets each) that enable applications such as six-panel brochures, gatefold pamphlets, pocket folders, and direct-mail campaigns.
- 100- and 3,000-sheet output stackers for 26″ sheets.
- 2×2,500-sheet inserter.
- July 2015: New Xerox iGen 5 Press Features Fifth Color Station
- Press Release: New EFI Fiery Print Server Drives CYMK+Color Capabilities and Faster Processing for Xerox iGen 5
- May 2015: IDC: Positive Gains for Worldwide Production-Printer Market; Xerox is Leader
- May 2015: New EFI Fiery Digital Front Ends for Xerox’s Latest Digital Presses
- March 2015: NEW XEROX 80-PPM VERSANT 80 PRESS, & COLOR 800I/1000I WITH GOLD, SILVER, & SPECIALTY INKS
- February 2015: EFI SELF-SERVE PRINT-FOR-PAY PRINT PRODUCTS NOW AVAILABLE FOR CANON MFPS
- January 2015: EFI REPORTS RECORD REVENUE FOR FOURTH QUARTER AND FULL-YEAR 2014
- January 2015: EFI PREVIEWS NEW LED INKJET, MORE AT EFI CONNECT USERS CONFERENCE
- October 2014: EFI REPORTS RECORD REVENUE OF $198 MILLION FOR THIRD-QUARTER 2014
- October 2014: NEW LINE OF EFI FIERY SERVERS FOR LATEST RICOH COLOR PRODUCTION PRINTERS
- May 2014: EFI LAUNCHES ‘MOST ADVANCED’ CONTROLLER TO DATE, NEW FIERY PRO FS150 PRO
- August 2013: Xerox Rolls Out Next-Generation iGen, the iGen 150 Press