Konica Minolta’s EveryonePrint 4.0 Mobile-Print Solution Adds Multiple Advanced Capabilities
Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. is launching a “major upgrade” of its EveryonePrint (EOP) mobile-printing software. Introduced in July 2015 (see story here), the solution enables organizations, including universities, educational institutions, and corporations, to print from notebooks or mobile devices. A Konica Minolta a bEST certified App is also available for secure release of print jobs from any Konica Minolta bizhub MFP control panel.
EveryonePrint is a mobile-print solution developed by Next Print Solutions, a specialist in developing software and Web services since 2003. EveryonePrint can be installed as an on-premise or private cloud solution, and there’s no need for a mobile device to be added to a domain or to download print drivers.
Konica Minolta says that this newest version, 4.0, is the only enterprise mobile-print solution that can be installed on Linux Enterprise and IBM System z mainframes.
It also says that the fourth-generation software includes new server clustering for high availability and integration with EMM/MDM solutions (Enterprise Mobility Management/Mobile Device Management), as well as new and improved apps for Apple iOS, Android, and Microsoft Windows Phone 8.
EveryonePrint provides five different ways to print: via e-mail, Web portal, driver, and Android and Apple AirPrint for native printing from mobile devices.
New features and enhancements in version 4.0 include:
- Expanded capabilities for highly scalable services, with new clustering and load-balancing features, with no upper limit on user or printer numbers.
- Supports three of the leading MDM solutions; AirWatch, Good Technology, and MobileIron.
- Support for printing from Microsoft Windows smartphones using a newly developed app.
- Redesigned and improved Apple iOS and Android Apps.
Existing security includes:
- User authentication via Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), or Microsoft Active Directory, to ensure that only authorized users can print.
- End-to-end encryption of print jobs.
- Secure release of print jobs (users must authenticate themselves at the printer or MFP control panel in order to release the job for printing).
For more information on EveryonePrint, visit Konica Minolta here.
- July 2015: Konica Minolta Enhances Mobile-Print and Management with ‘EveryonePrint’, Mobile Management Services