Epson Expands SureColor Wide-Format Printer Series with 44-Inch Graphics Printer
Epson America today expanded its SureColor P-Series family of color inkjet wide-format printers with the 44-inch SureColor P10000 ($6,995 MSRP) that’s designed for the display-graphics and fine-art photography printing segments.
Said to be ideal for commercial and production-print shops for indoor display-graphics printing and large photographic- and fine-art printing, the SureColor P10000 uses an Epson 8,000-nozzle PrecisionCore MicroTFP inkjet-print head, and reformulated Epson UltraChrome PRO nine-color pigment ink system. Epson says that when compared with other Epson solutions on the market, the new SureColor P10000 is capable of producing output at up to 2.8 times faster.
The SureColor P10000’s 2.6-inch tall, 10-channel PrecisionCore MicroTFP print head prints at up to 2,400 x 1,200 dpi. Epson says its UltraChrome PRO inks are the first pigment ink set to feature four-levels of gray-ink technology, including Gray, Light Gray, Dark Gray, and Black pigment inks that are designed to provide seamless image transitions with less visible image noise and reduced bronzing. The SureColor P10000 also uses improved Resin Encapsulation Technology for better image gloss uniformity. Epson also says this latest generation of color pigment ink “significantly improves overall print permanence.”
Other features include:
- Epson PrecisionCore MicroTFP print head supports variable size ink-size droplet technology as small as 3.5 picoliters per ink droplet. Other new print-head enhancements include Nozzle Verification Technology and automatic nozzle cleaning without the use of additional media.
- New Yellow pigment ink formulation for up to twice the overall print permanence and longevity when compared with the previous-generation ink set. Individual ink cartridges with up to 700 ml capacity are available.
- New media-feeding system: The SureColor P10000 captures photographs from the back side of the media in real-time and incorporates a pattern-recognition algorithm that provides feedback at up to 60 timers per second for more accurate and precise media feeding. New inductive rollers automatically load roll media without a skew. and protect sensitive fine-art media from scratches throughout the printing process.
- Dedicated Photo Black and Matte Black channels support automatic real-time black-ink type switching.
- Said to be ideal for softer fine-art papers, such as the Epson Legacy Paper line, the SureColor P10000 supports cut-sheet media loading for 13” x 19” up to 44” wide. The printer also supports straight-through poster board media up to 1.5mm thick from 17” to 44” wide. Border Free printing is also supported for a variety of media sizes.
- Secure, internal 320-GB print server for enhanced productivity by quickly transferring print jobs to free-up PC workstations; the server also provide print-job queue management, as well as print-job save and reprint.
- An optional automatic take-up reel system ($1,295) is user-installable and designed for unsupervised production of large print runs in roll-to-roll requirements.
The Epson SureColor P10000 will be available this spring via authorized Epson Professional Imaging resellers. For more information and complete specifications, visit Epson here.
- January 2016: New Epson 64″ Fine-Art Photo Printer, the SureColor P20000 with 2.8-Times Faster Print Speed
- January 2016: Epson Expands SureColor Wide-Format Color Inkjet Lineup with Three New Models
- September 2015: New Epson PM-400 Personal Photo Lab Printer
- September 2015: Epson Expands SureColor Wide-Format Color Printer Family with P-Series, Starts at $2,995
- August 2015: New Epson SureColor F-Series Dye-Sub Large-Format Printers Feature New High-Density Black Ink
- April 2015: Epson’s New SureColor Wide-Format Color Inkjet Printer Prints on 17″ Wide Media
- April 2015: New Epson S30675, S50675, S70675 Solvent Ink Wide-Format Printers for Signage, Graphics, Fine-Art Apps
- February 2015: Epson’s Demonstrates SureColor F-Series’ Textile-Printing Power at NYC Fashion Week
- December 2014: Epson Acquires K-Sun to Expand its Presence in the Industrial Label-Printing Market