‘Wrapping’ Cars with Colorful Output Produced by OKI’s ColorPainter Wide-Format Color Printers
You’ve seen them on the road – cars and trucks that aren’t painted with color graphics but are instead “wrapped” with colorful output produced by specialty commercial printers. Recently, OKI Data Americas demonstrated its own vehicle-wrap printers, hosting a two-day Vehicle Wrap Training Class featuring its ColorPainter M-64s wide-format color inkjet printer lineup – a new printer lineup that it recently acquired with parent company OKI Data of Tokyo’s purchase of Seiko Instruments’ wide-format printer business last fall.
Held at OKI Data Americas’ offices in Escondido, California, the program, which was developed by Justin Pate for Avery Dennison, was instructed by Troy Downey of APE Wraps. The program used OKI’s ColorPainter M-64s together with cast MPI 1005 EZRS film. Twelve people completed the two-day program that took place last month. OKI says participants were able to advance their confidence and abilities in the professional application of commercial-graphics installation, including cutting skills, properties of the material, and installation techniques. APE Wrap’s Downey will also be conducting live demonstrations showcasing vehicle-wrap applications using output from the ColorPainter M-64s in OKI Data Americas’ booth (#1171) at the International Sign Expo ISA Show that’s taking place April 20-23 in Orlando, Florida.
“OKI Data was honored to facilitate this highly regarded training course incorporating best practices and utilizing superior quality materials and devices, including graphics printed on cast MPI 1005 EZRS film with the ColorPainter M-64s from OKI,” commented Fabrizio Soto, general manager of OKI Data Americas’ Wide-Format Division. “Troy Downey of APE Wraps is among the best in the business, and participants learned first-hand how to improve their skills in professional vehicle wrap installation through the tips and techniques outlined within this course.”
In October 2015, OKI Data of Tokyo acquired Seiko Instruments’ wide-format printer business, including Seiko’s ColorPainter line-up. The acquisition was part of OKI’s strategy to expand further into specialty and commercial printing.
OKI Data Americas currently markets five ColorPainter models: the 64″wide M-64s, which uses low-odor eco-solvent inks; the 104″ wide H3-104s, which also uses low-odor eco-solvent inks; the 104″/74″-wide H2P104s/H2P-74s, which use VX ink; the 104″/74″-wideH2-104s/H2-74s, which use EGO-GX inks; and W-64s/W-54s, which use EGO GX ink and HAPs Free IX Ink, and for which neon-color inks are also available.
For more information on OKI’s ColorPainter wide-format color printer line, visit OKI here.
- October 2015: OKI to Demo New Wide-Format Printer and Specialty-Printing Offerings at SGIA Expo
- October 2015: OKI Sets Up New Wide-Format Printer Company with Acquisition of Seiko I Infotech’s Printer Business
- September 2015: New OKI C942 Billed as Fastest Color Production Printer in Its Class
- August 2015: New OKI C831TS Compact Textile Printer for Customizing, Decorating T-Shirts, Etc.
- August 2015: New OKI C941DP Envelope Printer Prints in Color, Plus White and Clear
- May 2015: OKI Seeking to Enter Wide-Format Printer Business with Proposed Acquisition of Seiko I Infotech Business
- February 2015: New OKI C931e, C941e for Both Traditional and Unique Graphic-Arts and Production Printing
- December 2014: OKI Launching Four New DICOM Printers Optimized for Printing from Medical Devices