New Panasonic Document Scanners Scan up to 100 PPM, Bundled with ToughPad Tablets
Panasonic is introducing its latest network document scanners – which range in price from $4,000 to $14,600 – the new M100 series that are bundled with an Intel Core i5 Toughpad tablet that serves as a dedicated PC for scanning tasks. Billed as a “state-of-the-art, fully connected document management and imaging solution,” the M100 series is designed for small to mid-size business and enterprises, and enable users to scan to email destinations, shared network folders, FTP sites, fax, and Bluetooth with the touch of a button.
The Toughpad tablet, which includes optical character recognition (OCR) software, features an Intel Core i5-4302Y vPro Processor and 8 GB of memory, and connects to the scanners via a high-speed USB interface. It features built-in Ethernet network connectivity, as well as wireless and Bluetooth connectivity.
The scanners’ features of note include:
- Scan speeds of up to 100 ppm in simplex scanning mode and up to 200 images per minute (ipm) in duplex scanning mode.
- Double-feed, staple, and dog-ear document detection: Using several high-performance sensors to detect issues, these functions alert the user at the time of detection to help eliminate paper jams.
- Long paper mode, mixed media mode, and batch scanning: Designed to save time and eliminate the need to set-up scanning parameters multiple times with the ability to automatically scan multiple items at one time, as well as scan long-paper documents such as electrocardiograms, and, via the straight paper path, passports and thick card stock.
- Support various file formats, including uncompressed TIFF, JPEG TIFF, multipage TIFF, JPEG, PNG, PDF, and searchable PDF.
- Security and device-management includes: domain network authentication/local user management; remote administration; supports Local Device Address Book (LDAP) authentication; built-in auditing; and automatic document erasure.
- Preview scanned documents before sending them.
The new network scanners are available now through authorized Panasonic resellers:
- KV-S157M100 – $4,000.00 MSRP; rated at up 65 ppm/130 ipm.
- KV-S287M100 – $6,200.00 MSRP; rated at up to 85 ppm/170 ipm.
- KV-S546M100 – $7,900.00 MSRP; rated at up to 80 ppm/ 160 ipm.
- KV-S576M100 – $8,400.00 MSRP; rated at up to 100 ppm/200 ipm.
- KV-S465M100 – $9,900.00 MSRP; rated at up to 80 ppm/160 ipm.
- KV-S485M100 – $14,600.00 MSRP; mid-volume production class scanner rated at up to 100 ppm/200 ipm scan speed.
Select scanners are covered under a three-year warranty, as is the Intel Core i5 Toughpad M1 tablet.
- October 2015: New A4 Desktop Document Scanner KV-S2087 from Panasonic Scans at up to 170 IPM
- May 2015: Select Panasonic Document Scanners Now Bundled with Neat Cloud Service
- January 2015: New Panasonic Document Scanners Feature Nuance PaperPort 14 Professional Software
- January 2014: New Panasonic Departmental Document Scanners Offer Enhanced Feature Set