Konica Minolta Extends bizhub Family with Three New Color A3 Copier/MFPs for Small and Mid-Size Business
Last week, Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. launched three new A3 (print and scan on up to 11″x17″) color copier/MFPs, the bizhub C227, C287, and C258, all available through authorized Konica Minolta dealers.
Billed as “smart MFPs,” the firm says the new MFPs offer the reliability of Konica Minolta’s print technology with “the added functionality and performance of more costly and complex copier-based devices.” Designed for small to mid-size businesses, as well as departments within larger organizations, the new MFPs print at up to 28 ppm in color, and the new bizhub C227 and bizhub C287 office systems provide an enhanced control panel that features the latest interface technologies and a new mobile connectivity area.
Other features include:
- Multi-touch touch screen, plus optional voice-guidance system to provide audible control instructions.
- Access to downloadable apps from Konica Minolta’s bizhub MarketPlace.
- Expanded memory as well as a hard-disk mirroring option.
- Detachable universal paper trays, as well as a redesigned bypass paper tray designed to improve paper handling.
- Optional WiFi connectivity and embedded Near Field Communication (NFC) connectivity for NFC-enabled Android devices for print and scan via mobile devices.
- Optional Bluetooth Low Energy for iOS devices. This automatically connects users’ tablets or smartphones and provides the convenience of touch-to-print as well as touch-to-scan functionality.
- Supports Apple Airprint mobile printing.
- Google Cloud Print Ready; connects directly to the Internet and registers with Google Cloud Print without a laptop or PC for Google Cloud Print mobile printing.
- Secure data encryption.
- Color scanning up to 45 originals per minute (opm), and optional dual color scanning up to 160 opm for the bizhub C258 (an extension of the C308/C368 series).
The new MFPs also incorporate Konica Minolta’s open-API bEST (bizhub Extended Solution Technology) so that customers may integrate various software solutions, including integration with third-party software for business, healthcare, education, legal, and other sectors.
Customizable Control Panel
With Konica Minolta’s bizhub Marketplace Chameleon, users can now personalize the MFPs’ touch screens. Available through the bizhub Marketplace (Konica Minolta’s online Web store for browsing and downloading apps), the bizhub MarketPlace Chameleon enables users to create, personalize, and install custom user interfaces at the MFP based on their preference.
Konica Minolta says the C227/C287 MFPs’ new, redesigned compact engine has resulted in a 15-percent weight reduction, with the devices provide a reduced carbon footprint.
- February 2016: New FamilySearch App for Konica Minolta bizhub Copier/MFPs
- September 2015: Konica Minolta Adds Lantronix xPrintServer Office for Apple, Android, and Chrome Mobile Printing
- September 2015: Konica Minolta Offering Square 9’s Smart Search for Document Management
- August 2015: Konica Minolta’s ‘Chameleon’ Lets Users Customize bizhub Touch Screens
- August 2015: Four New A3 MFPs from Konica Minolta with NFC Mobile Connectivity, Open API
- July 2015: Konica Minolta Enhances Mobile-Print and Management with ‘EveryonePrint’, Mobile Management Services
- May 2015: Konica Minolta Expands Partnership with Toner-Cartridge Remanufacturer Clover