Loss for Sharp’s Nine Months; Business Solutions’ Sales Steady
Sharp Corporation of Tokyo, Japan, today reported results for its latest nine-month fiscal period (April 1 to December 31, 2015), with net sales down 7.1 percent, and a net loss of 108 billion yen.
For Sharp’s Business Solutions group, net sales were fairly steady at 251,930 million yen versus the 252,007 million yen reported for the same period a year ago. Net sales were down however in Sharp’s Digital Information group, Communications group, Health and Environmental Equipment group, Consumer group, Energy Solutions group, and Display Devices group, but were up 29.4 percent for the Electronics Components and Devices group.
For its third quarter that ended on December 31, 2015, net sales were 663.3 billion yen, down 13.0 percent from the same period a year ago, with a net-income loss of 24.7 billion yen. Net sales for Sharp’s Business Solutions group for the third quarter were 88.8 billion yen, up 3.3 percent versus the same period a year ago. For its full year, Sharp is forecasting net sales of 360.0 billion yen for its Business Solutions group, up 4.9 percent versus the previous fiscal year.
For its full fiscal year, Sharp states it is currently calculating a forecast for the full net loss for it entire, and will publish it once it becomes available.
- January 2016: Sharp: Won’t Sell Copier Business; $1.3 Billion Bailout May Be in the Works
- December 2015: Sharp Expands Partnership with Clover, Enables Dealers to Combine Sharp and Clover Supplies on Same Invoice
- December 2015: HP Inc. Announces Highest-Volume A3 MFPs to Date, New JetAdvantage Solutions, Document Scanners
- November 2015: Loss for Sharp’s Second Half, but Business Solutions’ Sales Up 3.8 Percent
- September 2015: Sharp Business Systems Acquires Sandhill Office Systems’ Customer Base for Service and Support
- August 2015: Sharp Reports Net Loss of $274 Million; MFP Sales Steady; Will Exit TV Business in Americas
- May 2015: Banks to Provide Sharp with $1.7 Billion Bailout, Layoffs in the Works, Reports Loss for Fiscal Year
- May 2015: Sharp Said to be Seeking Financial Assistance from Government-Backed Fund
- March 2015: Sharp to Cut Some 6,000 Jobs from Global Workforce as Part of Restructuring
- February 2015: Sharp Falters with Latest Financial Results, but MFP Business Sees Gains
- January 2015: Sharp Sells U.S. HQ in Mahwah, but Will Lease Site to Stay There