Sharp Expanding Direct Sales in Texas with Acquisition of Meridian Office Systems
Sharp Imaging and Information Company of America reports that it’s expanding its direct regional-sales operation in Texas with the acquisition of Meridian Office Systems’ customer-service contracts. Sharp Business Systems of Texas opened as the division’s 14th branch.
Sharp purchased these assets of Meridian Office Systems to launch Sharp Business Systems of Texas. Under the acquisition, all Meridian Office Systems’ employees have been asked to join Sharp, and will provide service to new and existing customers throughout Texas.
Moving forward, Sharp Business Systems of Texas will offer its customers Sharp’s line of office products and solutions, including copier/MFPs, display products, and software applications for streamlining office document workflows.
Sharp Business Systems of Texas will be managed by its current president, David Gu, who is a 25+ year veteran in the industry
Sharp Business Systems Strategy
Sharp Imaging and Information Company of America has established 14 local Sharp Business Systems branches since the first branch opening in Arizona in 2006. Since then, Sharp’s direct-sales division has expanded into 30 locations through growth initiatives within the organization.
Doug Albregts, president of Sharp Imaging and Information Company of America, commented, “Sharp Business Systems has helped Sharp grow and strengthen Sharp’s distribution in key markets nationwide. Our direct-branch strategy augments our strong independent dealer channel by enabling Sharp to better understand customer needs and then translating that into outstanding products and support.”
- January 2016: Latest A3 Copier/MFPs from Sharp Boast Cloud Connectivity, Next-Generation Touch Screen, More
- September 2015: Sharp Business Systems Acquires Sandhill Office Systems’ Customer Base for Service and Support
- December 2015: Sharp Rolls Out New Color Copier/MFPs, MWA Intelligence Partnership, New Software at National Dealer Meeting
- December 2015: Sharp Adds Document-Workflow Specialist Fabsoft to its Sharp Partner Program
- December 2015: Sharp Expands Partnership with Clover, Enables Dealers to Combine Sharp and Clover Supplies on Same Invoice
- October 2015: Sharp Expands Mono A3 Lineup with Three New Copier/MFPs
- April 2015: Sharp-Continuum Partnership Will Enable Sharp Dealers to Offer Continuum Managed-IT Services