Samsung RemoteCall App Lets You Connect to Service Personnel for Real-Time Copier/MFP Troubleshooting
Samsung Electronics of Seoul, Korea, is launching two new apps for printing, Dynamic Workflow and RemoteCall. Dynamic Workflow and RemoteCall are the newest apps for the Smart UX Center, Samsung’s Android-based user interface for its Smart MultiXpress copier/MFP/printers. Dynamic Workflow is designed to save users time by running multiple document-handling tasks in one step, while Remote Call connects users’ copier/MFP/printers to a service engineer for remote service.
The Dynamic Workflow app enables users to create and customize their own workflow with multiple apps. For instance, using this app, users can integrate multiple tasks such as scanning, optical character recognition (OCR), and document distribution into a single workflow, which can then be saved as a one-touch shortcut at the MFP for future use.
RemoteCall is a paid app that remotely connects a user’s copier/MFP/printer to an engineer’s service system for diagnosis and troubleshooting. With the remote connection, the engineer can control the user’s Smart UX Center screen and guide the user through the troubleshooting process. Engineers can also connect to the user’s PC for troubleshooting. Samsung says remote service saves time and cost for both end users and Samsung’s partners by minimizing service visits.
Key features of RemoteCall include:
- Screen Control: IT service obtains real-time control and diagnosis.
- On-Screen Drawing: IT service can mark important areas on customers’ screens for clearer communication.
- Text Chat: Users can communicate with IT service via mobile chat.
- Simple Connection: Users enter a six-digit code provided by IT service in order to connect.
Key features of Dynamic Workflow include:
- Integration of multiple app functions into a single workflow.
- Time-saving shortcuts provided.