Print Audit Embedded, V 1.0, for HP MPFs and Printers, Now Available
Calgary-based Print Audit, which markets device- and print-management solutions, reports that it’s released Print Audit Embedded for HP, version 1.0. This release is compatible with HP OXP (Open Extensibility Platform) equipped MFPs. Print Audit Embedded is print-governance and print-management solution that’s designed to bring a variety of print cost-saving capabilities to HP customers.
Print Audit Embedded installs directly onto HP OXP-enabled MFPs, allowing users to control and recover printing, copying, faxing, and scanning costs. Integrated with the desktop versions of Print Audit 6 and Print Audit Secure, Embedded is a document-tracking, charge-back, secure print-release, and pull-printing solution that eliminates the need for external hardware.
Print Audit says one of the most significant features of the HP Embedded solution is multi-layer, linked-authentication for account charge-back and recovery, a key feature for vertical market segments such as the legal sector, where the common accounting format is two- or three-levels deep.
Print Audit Embedded for HP is available under Print Audit’s Premier membership program. The premier program gives office-equipment providers virtually unlimited access to all of Print Audit’s products for one monthly price.
“Print Audit’s HP Embedded solution is going to help Premier members make more money on more devices,” commented John MacInnes, president and CEO of Print Audit. “End users will win too. Most customers have HP devices in their mix and this solution will help improve their workflow while improving document security dramatically.”
Print Audit for HP features include:
- Receive audit trails for all of documents created with HP OXP-enabled devices.
- Track every copy, scan and fax job by prompting users to enter a PIN number, project code, or client/matter number at the HP-OXP enabled device.
- Create declining user balances based on the print job cost, total pages, color pages, or black-and-white pages.
- Prevent unauthorized users from using color printing or specific device functions (copying, scanning, or faxing).
- Export all collected data into any accounting system.
- Ensure print jobs are not printed until users are ready to pick them up at the HP-OXP enabled device.
- Eliminate wasted pages left at the printer.
- Maintain compliance with HIPAA and Sarbanes – Oxley laws by keeping confidential documents out of the wrong hands.
Print Audit Embedded for HP version 1.0 also fully supports swipe and user-proximity card registration. For more information about Print Audit Embedded for HP devices, visit Print Audit here.