Ricoh’s New MP W7100/W8150 Wide-Format MFP for AEC Features Print, Copy, Color Scan
Ricoh Americas today rolled out its new RICOH MP W7100/W8140 wide-format digital imaging system, a multifunction device designed for architecture, engineering, and construction, with standard black-and-white print and copy, as well as color scan.
The MP W7100/W8140 can print up to 14 D-size wide-format monochrome documents per minute, as well as scan full-color originals and send to recipients with the press of a button. The system features a 9-inch color VGA operation touch panel that also provides thumbnail previews.
“Architectural, construction and engineering firms create every day, and they often have to share their ideas with a high level of detail and a high level of urgency,” commented John Fulena, vice president of Ricoh Americas’ Production Printing Business Group. “We’ve designed the RICOH W7100/W8140 to handle wide-format drawings, schematics, and presentations in the variety of forms this information is needed, whether it’s printed in the hands of a site manager, or shared digitally on a screen in a meeting. The device’s speed, accuracy, and ease of use goes beyond the function of scanning and printing; it helps empower users to make faster, more informed decisions and stay ahead of their jobs’ deadline and budget constraints.”
The RICOH W7100/MP W8140 wide-format system enables users to scan and convert documents into digital format, featuring color scan to e-mail, USB memory drives, SD cards, network folders, FTP sites, and document servers.
It also features:
- Icon-based, one-touch control from the color touch screen that also provides animated guidance to help users access paper jams or change toner.
- Advanced data encryption tools, including Windows Authentication, PDF encryption, and DataOverwriteSecurity System (DOSS), the last of which automatically overwrites latent images and data recorded on the system’s hard drive. Print jobs may also be held at the device until released by swiping a user ID card or entering a user password at the control panel.
- The optional scanner-separation unit allows the printer to be separated from the scanner for large scanning and printing jobs that need to happen at the same time
- Includes Ricoh’s Web Image Monitor software, enabling documents and job details to be viewed and managed remotely. Nearly any file, in many formats, can be printed from Web Image Monitor.
- With the optional Ricoh PrintCopy Tool, users can print jobs and build sets, including TIFF, CALS, PDF, and more, via a Web browser.
- PC drivers enable accurate reproductions of browser-based CALS, HP-GL, HP-GL2, PDFs, TIFFs, and even direct AutoCAD files.
The RICOH MP W7100/MP W8140 is Energy Star-certified and EPEAT Gold* rated.
For more information and complete specifications, visit Ricoh here.
- September 2015: New Ricoh Pro 8100e Production Printers with Print Speeds up to 135 PPM
- April 2015: Ricoh Signs Up with Mimaki USA to Distribute Mimaki’s Flatbed Printers
- July 2015: Ricoh Shipping Pro C7100 Color Production Printer; Prints in White or Clear Toner, and on Textured Media
- February 2015: Ricoh Five-Color Pro C7100X Production Printer Now Available
- December 2014: New Line of EFI Fiery Servers for Latest Ricoh Color Production Printers