OKI to Demo New Wide-Format Printer and Specialty-Printing Offerings at SGIA Expo
Fresh off its acquisition of Seiko Instruments’ wide-format printer business, OKI Data Americas reports that it’ll introduce its new ColorPainter line of wide-format printers developed by Seiko Instruments at the SGIA Expo taking place November 4-6, 2015 in Atlanta, Georgia.
The ColorPainter line of wide-format printers is designed for the specialty-printing market.
With the Seiko wide-format printer acquisition, OKI says it’s expanding its presence within the professional printing market, and that its current portfolio now includes an array of high-quality, large-format color devices.
At the SGIA Expo, OKI Data will demonstrate:
- The ColorPainter H3-104s grand-format printer. This new low-odor, eco-solvent printer is designed for sensitive print environments and applications, and prints on media up to 104 inches wide, and uses eco-solvent SX inks that provide a wide color gamut, vivid and high-density color for sharp and bright signs.
- Designed for mid- to high-volume digital print shops, the ColorPainter M-64s wide-format printer is a 64 inch high-speed printer that features production speeds of 356 sfph, 6- or 7-color SX eco-solvent low-odor inks, plus several new and improved technologies to increase print quality and ease of use.
- The ColorPainter W-64s wide-format printer is designed to deliver rich glossy color output. Its industrial print heads are designed for longevity and used to maximize productivity. OKI says this 64 inch printer is affordable, reliable, easy to use and maintain, and produces high-resolution output with consistent color density in all print modes.
OKI Data will also debut the following specialty printers:
- Developed to serve a variety of short-run commercial needs, the new C942 Digital Production Printer is OKI Data’s latest five-color production A3/tabloid device with white toner that allows users to print color on colored stocks quickly and in a single pass. It can handle a wide range of media types, including polyester, heavyweight stock up to 360 gsm, plus magnets, and banners. The C942 offers great revenue generating opportunities, and can augment in-house production printing. OKI says it’s the fastest color-on-color printer in its class.
- For t-shirt and apparel decorators, the C831TS Digital Color Printer is designed to produce vibrant, high-quality full-color graphics and text on transfer media up to 11″x17″ for use with a wide variety of fabric substrates. It features OKI Data’s High Definition (HD) color printing and Single Pass Color technologies for results that OKI says would ordinarily require expensive specialty media printing processes.
Masahiko Morioka, president and CEO of OKI Data Americas noted that the new offerings reinforce OKI’s commitment to the speciality-printing market: This show provides OKI Data the opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to printing innovation, and serving the specialty printing and imaging technology market – now and for many years to come.”
- October 2015: OKI Sets Up New Wide-Format Printer Company with Acquisition of Seiko I Infotech’s Printer Business
- July 2015: OKI Acquires Seiko Instruments’ Wide-Format Inkjet-, LED-Printer Subsidiary
- August 2015: New OKI C831TS Compact Textile Printer for Customizing, Decorating T-Shirts, Etc.
- August 2015: New OKI C941DP Envelope Printer Prints in Color, Plus White and Clear
- May 2015: OKI Seeking to Enter Wide-Format Printer Business with Proposed Acquisition of Seiko I Infotech Business
- May 2015: OKI Rolls On with Strong Financial Results for its Latest Fiscal Year
- February 2015: New OKI C931e, C941e for Both Traditional and Unique Graphic-Arts and Production Printing
- December 2014: OKI Launching Four New DICOM Printers Optimized for Printing from Medical Devices