Canon Expanding into Textile-Printing Market with Media One Partnership
Canon U.S.A.’s Canon Solutions America, which focuses on production and commercial printing, reports that it’s partnering with Media One Digital Imaging Solutions, a U.S. distributor of dye-sublimation-based large-format inkjet printers and textiles. Under the agreement, Canon Solutions America will begin marketing the d.gen brand of large-format dye-sublimation inkjet printers and textiles by a.berger, as well as various finishing solutions. Media One will also become an authorized reseller of Canon’s Océ Arizona flatbed printers.
Media One, which markets soft-signage solutions, will support Canon Solutions America’s efforts with its technical knowledge and after-sales support.
As a result of the partnership, Canon Solutions America will now be able to offer its customers a full soft-signage solution, which will include financing through Canon Financial Services.
“This is an important partnership for our organization as we continue to expand our range of print solution offerings for our customers,” commented Sal Sheikh, vice president of marketing for Canon Solutions America’s Large Format Solutions group. “The large-format graphics market for fabric or soft-signage applications is growing rapidly and we can now provide our customers with a range of direct-to-fabric printers and finishing solutions.”
Canon says the U.S. soft=signage market is experiencing rapid growth, and that the new partnership allows Canon Solutions America to quickly bring to market a customer solution from printing to finishing, as well as consumables and color-management tools.
Canon Solutions America will be introducing the d.gen Teleios Grande G5 printer as the initial offering under this agreement at the SGIA Expo that’s being held in Atlanta, Georgia, from November 4-6, 2015. The G5 printer features a four-color, direct-to-fabric printing system and inline fixation unit, and can print on 10-foot-wide (3.3 m) rolls of fabric at speeds of up to 1,991 square feet per hour and at a maximum 1,800 dpi resolution.
- September 2015: Canon Launches Next-Generation in High-Speed Inkjet Printing, the Océ ColorStream 3000 Z Series
- September 2015: Canon Rolls Out imagePRESS C10000VP Series with 1.5-Million Page Monthly Duty Cycle
- July 2015: New Large-Format imagePROGRAF iPF850/840/830 Printers, New Media Portfolio, from Canon
- June 2015: Gartner: Canon U.S.A. #1 in U.S. A3 Mono Copier-Printer Market
- April 2015: InfoTrends: Canon is U.S. and Worldwide Continuous-Feed Inkjet Printer Market-Share Leader
- March 2015: IDC: Canon is Market Leader in U.S. Cut-Sheet Production-Print Market
- February 2015: Canon Officially Launches ‘Niagara’ – the Océ VarioPrint i300 First-Of-Its-Kind Digital Press
- January 2015: New Large-Format Inkjet imagePROGRAF iPF670, imagePROGRAF iPF770 Printers from Canon
- November 2014: Canon’s Océ Division Officially launches its First Full-Color Inkjet Printing System