Epson Expands SureColor Wide-Format Color Printer Family with P-Series, Starts at $2,995
Yesterday, Epson America expanded its inkjet-based SureColor wide-format series with the SureColor P-Series, which starts at $2,995, and which is based on Epson’s PrecisionCore TFP color inkjet print-head technology, and uses an eight-color Epson’s UltraChrome HD ink set. The new 24-inch SureColor P6000 and 44-inch SureColor P8000 are designed for graphic designers, commercial printers, and photographers. Successors to the Epson Stylus Pro 900-Series, the new 24-inch SureColor P7000 and 44-inchSureColor P9000 incorporate a reformulated Epson UltraChrome HDX 10-color ink set for both commercial and flexographic printers, as well as for graphic designers, photographers, and fine-art reproduction houses.
The SC-P7000 and SC-P9000 are available in a Commercial Edition featuring an all-new Violet ink for an expanded color gamut delivering output matching 99-percent of the Pantone Formula Guide Solid Coated. The printers may be configured with an optional Epson SpectroProofer UVS in-line spectrophotometer designed to provide automated color management and verification-related tasks for a various proofing applications.
The new SureColor P-Series may be integrated with various industry workflow-software solutions, and feature:
- Epson UltraChrome HD and HDX Ink: The SC-P6000/P8000 use an eight-color Epson UltraChrome HD ink set, while the SC-P7000/P9000 use a 10-color Espon UltraChrome HDX ink set. Epson says both ink sets provide improved black density: the new Black ink is 1.5 times denser than previous ink formulation. Improved Resin Encapsulation Technology also delivers superior gloss uniformity.
- Epson PrecisionCore TFP Printhead: The SureColor P-Series provides variable-size ink droplet technology as small as 3.5 picoliters. New enhancements include a new wave form, improving dot placement and accuracy. User-scheduled cleaning cycles are designed to improve overall print-head health.
- Robust Media Handling: The SureColor P Series is said to supports virtually any media type in roll or cut-sheet form, from photographic paper, to 1.5 mm thick fine-art media, and poster board. New roll-media handling provides user-selectable 3 mm top and bottom margins, and improved guide rollers for reduced media-surface impressions. A high-speed rotary cutter isincluded.
- Optional Internal Print Server: Internal 320-GB print server for quickly transferring print jobs to free-up workstations; adds print queue management and print-job save and reprint functionality.
- Optional SpectroProofer UVS: Developed jointly with X-Rite, the in-line spectrophotometer provides automated color-management and verification-related tasks for a range of proofing applications. It supports all current illumination standards for UV and UV-Cut measurement and is UV selectable between M0, M1 and M2.
The Epson SureColor P-Series will be available in October 2015 through authorized Epson Professional Imaging resellers:
P-Series Printer Editions
|Epson SureColor P6000 24-inch – Standard Edition|
|Epson SureColor P7000 24-inch – Standard Edition (Light Light Black Starter Ink Set)|
|Epson SureColor P7000 24-inch – Commercial Edition (Violet Starter Ink Set)|
|Epson SureColor P8000 44-inch – Standard Edition|
|Epson SureColor P9000 44-inch – Standard Edition (Light Light Black Starter Ink Set)|
|Epson SureColor P9000 44-inch – Commercial Edition (Violet Ink Starter Set)|
For more information and complete specifications, visit Epson here.
- August 2015: New Epson SureColor F-Series Dye-Sub Large-Format Printers Feature New High-Density Black Ink
- April 2015: Epson’s New SureColor Wide-Format Color Inkjet Printer Prints on 17″ Wide Media
- October 2014: New Nine-Color Epson SureColor P600 for Advanced Photo Printing
- July 2014: Epson Shipping SureColor F7170 Dye-Sub Wide-Format Textile Printer
- July 2014: Epson Rolls Out Next-Generation SureColor T-Series Printers with PrecisionCore TFP Inkjet Print Head
- January 2014: Epson Unveils Latest Dye-Sub Printer for Fabric Printing, the SureColor F7170
- August 2013: Epson Introduces First Dye-Sublimation Printers, the SureColor SC-F7000 and SC-F6000