New OKI C942 Billed as Fastest Color Production Printer in Its Class
Billed as the faster color production printer in its price and print-speed class, OKI Data Americas reports that it’ll be introducing its new C492 at the upcoming Graph Expo 2015 tradeshow and conference taking place September 13-16, 2015 at McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois.
At the show, OKI will demonstrate its expanding line of professional digital-printing solutions for a variety of short-run commercial-printing needs, including cut-sheet and continuous-feed applications, white-and-clear printing, a wide range of media handling, plus lamination and digital die-cutting document-finishing options.
The new C942, which prints at up 50 ppm, is the company’s latest five-color production A3/tabloid device. OKI says this new platform and its productivity will allow users to expand beyond basic color printing on plain white media to printing color on colored stocks in a single pass. With OKI’s Single Pass Color printing, OKI says the C942 is faster than its predecessor at delivering color output on colored stock.
The C942 can handle a broad range of media types, including polyester, heavyweight stock up to 360 gsm, plus magnets and banners, and is designed for print-for-pay as well as in-house production printing. The C942’s new platform is supported by both EFI and Global Graphics raster image processors (RIPs).
At Graph Expo, OKI will also demo:
- The C941e and C941DP, which OKI bills as the most versatile five-color production platforms in its line-up. The C941e and C941DP allow users to augment full color printing with the use of clear toner and white toner, and are designed for graphic-arts printing. Both models can print on polyester, envelopes, magnets, banners ,and heavyweight cardstock up to 360 gsm. The C941DP includes a high-capacity envelope feeder for production printing of envelopes. These two platforms are supported by both EFI and Global Graphics RIPs, which help meet the needs of higher-end, color-critical print applications.
- The C931e and C931DP are the most affordable four-color production platforms in OKI’s line-up. The C931e and C931DP are four-color printers that can print on media up to 13” x 52”. Designed for graphic-arts printing, both models can print on polyester, envelopes, magnets, banners, and heavyweight cardstock up to 360 gsm. The C931DP model includes a high-capacity envelope feeder for production printing of envelopes. These two platforms are supported by both EFI and Global Graphics RIPs, which help meet the needs of higher-end, color-critical print applications.
- The C911dn is designed to bridge the gap between production-printing and office color-printing needs. The graphics-arts printing-oriented device is designed and priced for in-house color printing applications. OKI says the C911dn is ideal for printing on banners (up to 52 inches in length), envelopes, and for printing business charts, calendars, photos, flyers, spreadsheets, reports, presentations, signage, menus, and architectural drawings.
- The C711DW is billed as a high-quality, continuous-feed, color digital-label press that’s easy to use and affordable to operate, with a low Total Cost of Ownership. OKI will demonstrate the C711DW with optional digital die-cutting and lamination document-finishing equipment (the HS711DLF), which it says provides a complete digital label-printing production-printing system.
- August 2015: New OKI C831TS Compact Textile Printer for Customizing, Decorating T-Shirts, Etc.
- August 2015: New OKI C941DP Envelope Printer Prints in Color, Plus White and Clear
- July 2015: OKI Acquires Seiko Instruments’ Wide-Format Inkjet-, LED-Printer Subsidiary
- February 2015: New OKI C931e, C941e for Both Traditional and Unique Graphic-Arts and Production Printing
- December 2014: OKI Launching Four New DICOM Printers Optimized for Printing from Medical Devices
- October 2014: Hands-On Review and Videos: OKI’s C941dn Multimedia Color Printer – Pushing the Envelope of Image Quality with White and Clear Toner
- August 2014: OKI Expands Commercial-Printing Portfolio with New Entry-Level C711DW Digital-Color Label Printer