New Xerox DocuMate 152i Office Scanner Said to Be 40 Percent Faster than Predecessor
Xerox is rolling out its latest desktop office document scanner, the Xerox DocuMate 152i ($299), which it says provides 40-percent faster scan speeds versus its predecessor and also features upgraded hardware specifications. The DocuMate 152i is rated to scan at up to 25 double-sided documents in one minute. Once converted, users may save the converted digital information as searchable PDF files at the user’s PC, or in cloud-based file-storage accounts.
The ‘s hardware upgrades include new LED instant-on lamps that are ready to scan immediately, and a 50-page automatic document feeder. Xerox says it’s also created new OneTouch scan configurations that take full advantage of Acuity PDF file features without users having to learn how to edit pre-set configurations. OneTouch technology also enables users to pre-configure shortcuts for multi-step, routine jobs, and users can route scanned images directly to their favorite cloud application.
Xerox is bundling the scanner with various software, which it values at over $440, including Nuance PaperPort desktop document-management software; Nuance OmniPage Pro; and Nuance Power PDF. Also included are DriverPLUS file and full-function PC and Mac TWAIN drivers, as well as, WIA, ICA and ISIS to ensure that scanned images can be sent to nearly any corporate document-management software.
Product specifications include:
- Image Enhancement Technology: Visioneer Acuity
- Weight: 6.3 lbs.
- Interface: Hi-speed USB 2.0 (1.1 compatible)
- Optical Resolution: 600 dpi
- Visioneer OneTouch Technology (PC): Yes
- Duty Cycle: 2500 pages/day
- ADF Maximum Paper Size: 8.5″ x 14″
- ADF Minimum Paper Size: 2.5″ x 2″
- Dimensions: 12″ x 17.6″ x 12.9″ (W×D×H)
- Output Bit Depth: 24-bit color, 8-bit grayscale, 1-bit black & white
- Scan Method: Duplex Automatic Document Feeder
- Light Source: Dual White LED lamps (Instant On)
- Drivers: PC: TWAIN, WIA, ISIS Mac: TWAIN, ICA
- Imaging sensor: Dual CCD (Charge Coupled Device)
The DocuMate 152i is currently available in the Americas and in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa through online channel partners, value-added resellers and major resellers. It’ll be available internationally in September 2015. For more information and complete specifications, visit Xerox here.
- February 2015: Xerox’s Unique New DocuMate 5540 Scanner Features Both Platen and Document Feeder
- September 2014: New Xerox DocuMate 3120 Saves Time Spent Searching for Paper Documents
- August 2014: New Xerox DocuMate 4830 Scanner up to 67-Percent Faster
- June 2014: New Xerox Document Scanners Use Image Processing Chip for Faster Document Scanning
- April 2014: New Desktop Scanners from Xerox, the Digital Desktop Organizer and Digital Personal Organizer
- October 2013: Xerox Bundling Diamond Vision Software for Production-Level Scanning with Select DocuMate Scanners
- May 2013: New Xerox DocuMate 4700 Scans up to 11″X17″ Originals, Can be Linked to Xerox ADF Scanners
- January 2013: New DocuMate Desktop Document Scanners from Xerox
- January 2013: New Mobile, USB-Powered Travel Scanner 150 from Xerox with Scan to Cloud
- January 2012: New Wireless Mobile Scanner from Xerox Lists at $249.99