Konica Minolta’s ‘Chameleon’ Lets Users Customize bizhub Touch Screens
Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. is today announcing what it calls a “revolutionary way” to fully customize Konica Minolta bizhub MFP control panels, and to streamline workflow with its latest bizhub Marketplace app, “Chameleon.”
Available through Konica Minolta’s bizhub Marketplace, an online store for browsing and purchasing apps for compatible bizhub MFPs, the bizhub MarketPlace’s Chameleon enables customers to create, personalize, and install custom user interfaces at the bizhub MFP based on their needs. With Chameleon, Konica Minolta says customers can:
- Reduce the number of clicks necessary to perform basic operations at the bizhub MFP.
- Remove options that are unnecessary or those that shouldn’t be modified by end-users.
- Highlight important features.
- Customize the MFP to display their organization’s branding.
Users can log into the bizhub MarketPlace to access Chameleon. The tool features drag-and-drop operation, enabling administrators to specify only the functions they want displayed on their bizhub’s touch screens, minimizing the number of keystrokes and the amount of time users need to perform functions. With Chameleon, administrators can also add company colors, logos, and/or images to the touchscreen background,
From the bizhub MarketPlace Web site, various departments within an organization can install and manage customized touch screens and bizhub MarketPlace apps on a fleet of bizhub MFPs with a simple click. Chameleon also gives administrators more control over how apps and custom touch screens are displayed on the MFP. Users can choose to display specific apps directly on the Home Screen for easy access, or run a custom touch screen by default when the MFP is first powered on, all of which can be performed from one centralized location.
Chameleon is free for customers with a bizhub MarketPlace account, and there’s no limit to the number of custom panels that can be designed. However, in order to install a custom panel on an MFP, a Custom Panel Device License for the device must be purchased and installed.
The addition of Chameleon brings the total number of apps available at the bizhub MarketPlace, which Konica Minolta launched in 2013, to 26.
- September 2014: Konica Minolta Introduces its First Cloud Solution, FileAssist, for Private Cloud Document Storage and Sharing
- April 2014: Konica Minolta Adds Connector for Scan to, Print from Dropbox
- May 2014: Konica Minolta Adds NSi Output Manager, Scan and Print from Box.Com
- April 2013: Konica Minolta Adds Simple Copy App to bizhub Marketplace
- May 2013: New Konica Minolta bizhub C554e/C454e A3 Color MFPs with Downloadable MarketPlace Apps
- December 2013: Konica Minolta Adds Scan to Evernote Connector App for Direct Access to Evernote from a bizhub
- January 2013: Konica Minolta MarketPlace Apps for bizhub MFPs Now Available