The HP Instant Ink Saga – Our First Billing Statement
As you may know, we recently signed up for the HP Instant Ink Program for the new HP Envy 5660 that we use in our home, primarily to print 4″x6″ photos. At this point, we’ve installed the extra high-yield black instant-ink cartridge, and are still using the tri-color cartridge shipped with the unit. Thus far, we’ve only parted with $4.99, and it’s been a time of blissful printing knowing that we won’t have to eventually plunk down about $109 for a set of five (5) 564XL ink-cartridges for our now retired HP Photosmart TouchSmart Premium e-All-in-One.
Thus far, our print history shows that we’ve printed numerous photos and a handful of maps and coupons – all in glorious color of course – and have only been charged $4.99 for printing the following:
- Total Pages Printed: 154
- Borderless Pages Printed: 146
- Cost Per Page Thus Far: 3.2¢
That said, the other day we received our first billing statement via e-mail:
Note that we signed up for the $4.99 per month plan that includes 100 pages per month (5¢/page) with an overage charge of 5¢ per page. This means that we may eventually have to upgrade to the $9.99/month plan that includes 300 pages (3.3¢/page) with an overage charge of 4¢ per page. Nevertheless, all is well and good for the future.
While the HP Instant Ink Program is not currently available worldwide (although HP plans to extend it in the future), U.S. customers can click here to sign up or check the list of eligible HP printers and All-in-Ones. Keep in mind that by subscribing to the HP Instant Ink Program, you too can do your part to end the inkjet “razors and blades” business model.
- Hands-On Review: HP Instant Ink Program
- Staples Now Offering HP’s Instant Ink Ink-Cartridge Subscription Program
- New HP ‘Instant Ink Professional’ – Print up to 2,000 Pages per Month for $59.99
- HP Brings Instant Ink Ink-Cartridge Subscription Program to the United Kingdom
- A Look at the New HP Connected Service with New Instant Ink Subscription
- HP Launches Pilot Programs for “Instant Ink” and Direct Delivery of Digital Content to HP Web-Connected Ink-Jet Printers and All-in-Ones