New Epson SureColor F-Series Dye-Sub Large-Format Printers Feature New High-Density Black Ink
As textile printing continues the transition from analog to digital printing , Epson America says it’s bridging the gap further with the introduction of its next-generation SureColor F-Series dye-sublimation transfer large-format printers. The 44-inch Epson SureColor F6200 ($8,495 MSRP), 64-inch Epson SureColor F7200 ($15,995 MSRP), and F9200 ($25,995) use Epson UltraChrome DS ink with an all-new high density black ink said to deliver improved ink efficiency and black density with better tonal transitions and gray-scale for high-quality results in the roll-to-roll fabric production, customized promotional production, soft signage, and cut-and-sew sports apparel, fashion, and home-décor markets.
Epson says the flagship SureColor F9200 printer uses dual Epson PrecisionCore TFP print heads for high-speed, industrial-level roll-to-roll productivity with superior dot control and precise, repeatable performance. It also says the new printers provide less downtime with an easily refillable, high-capacity bulk ink system and an improved post-platen heater for seamless media handling and faster drying times for continuous production.
“Since Epson launched its first true dye-sublimation printers in 2013, we have been diligently working to enhance the technology to meet the demands of industrial manufacturers,” commented Tim Check, product manager of Epson America’s Professional Imaging group. “Now with the flagship SureColor F9200 providing double the speed and a high-capacity three liter per color ink supply system, users can print much more efficiently, and with far fewer interruptions.”
Equipped with a take-up reel, Epson says the SureColor F-Series provides maximum uninterrupted production runs with minimal maintenance downtime. The printers also come with a Wasatch SoftRIP workflow that enables users to start printing “sellable” output immediately out-of-the-box with specialty features for textile printing. The new SureColor F-Series is compatible with Epson’s line of dye-sublimation transfer papers and is designed to work exclusively with Epson’s UltraChrome DS Ink.
The Epson SureColor F-Series features include:
- Epson PrecisionCore TFP Print Head: Said to provide high-performance and consistency, along with variable-size ink droplet technology for remarkable photographic print quality and accuracy. The flagship SureColor F9200 incorporates dual PrecisionCore TFP print heads to deliver high-speed, roll-to-roll productivity with output speeds up to 1,044 square feet per hour.
- Epson UltraChrome DS Ink: Epson-exclusive UltraChrome DS ink with new high density black is said to produce an extreme color gamut with improved black density for rich blacks and better tonal transitions and gray-scale, as well as fast drying times and improved ink efficiency for a low total cost of ownership.
- Continuous High-Speed Roll-to-Roll Productivity: According to Epson, a highly accurate take-up reel and substrate system deliver winding accuracy within ±2.5mm on transfer paper rolls. The F9200 allows for maximum uninterrupted production runs with minimal maintenance downtime, plus an easily refillable, high-capacity 3-liter bulk ink system and improved post-platen heater allow for seamless media handling and faster drying times.
- Workflow: Wasatch SoftRIP enables users to print “sellable” output immediately out of the box with specialty features designed for textile printing.
- Epson DS Transfer Papers: Compatible with Epson’s dye-sublimation transfer papers, including the DS Transfer Production paper for high-volume customers (up to 575 feet per roll); DS Transfer Adhesive Textile for high-end cut-and-sew fabric and apparel production; and the DS Transfer Multipurpose for transfer applications with soft or rigid surfaces.
The Epson SureColor F-Series will be available in September 2015 through authorized Epson Professional Imaging resellers. The F-Series offers varying performance and feature sets to accommodate a range of dye-sublimation transfer-printing needs:
- April 2015: Epson’s New SureColor Wide-Format Color Inkjet Printer Prints on 17″ Wide Media
- February 2015: Epson’s Demonstrates SureColor F-Series’ Textile-Printing Power at NYC Fashion Week
- October 2014: New Nine-Color Epson SureColor P600 for Advanced Photo Printing
- July 2014: Epson Shipping SureColor F7170 Dye-Sub Wide-Format Textile Printer
- July 2014: Epson Rolls Out Next-Generation SureColor T-Series Printers with PrecisionCore TFP Inkjet Print Head
- January 2014: Epson Unveils Latest Dye-Sub Printer for Fabric Printing, the SureColor F7170