TABS President Maccabe Named President & CEO of Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions
Toshiba America Business Solutions (TABS), a subsidiary of Toshiba Tec Corporation, reports that Scott Maccabe has been named president and chief executive officer of Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, effective August 1st. Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, also a subsidiary of Toshiba Tec Corporation, is a global marketer of installed retail store point-of-sale (POS) systems.
In addition to retaining his role as TABS President and CEO, Maccabe will also serve on Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions’s board of directors.
Since joining Toshiba in 2002, Maccabe has held various leadership positions at Toshiba America Information Systems, Toshiba America Electronic Components, and, in 2013, accepted his current role as president and chief executive officer at TABS. Under his guidance, TABS says it’s experienced steady growth in both its hardware and solutions sales, successfully expanded its product portfolio with digital signage solutions, and pioneered industry-related cloud solutions.
“Under Mr. Maccabe’s leadership, TABS has experienced significant growth while operating more profitably,” commented Toshifumi Matsumoto, senior vice president at Toshiba Tec. “We believe he has both the expertise and vision to lead greater collaboration for two of our most strategic business units. As president and CEO of both TABS and Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Mr. Maccabe will be well positioned to realize Toshiba Tec’s vision of Toshiba as a converged solutions leader capable of delivering a wide variety of products and services to our customers.”
- July 2015: Major Accounting Scandal Rocks Toshiba; CEO, Other Executives, Resign
- May 2015: Review: Toshiba TEC e-FOLLOW Essentials Print-Management Solution
- March 2015: Toshiba Signs On Atlanta Office-Equipment Dealer Document Strategies
- January 2015: Toshiba Forms Strategic Alliance with ECi Software Solutions for Easier Dealer Ordering
- September 2014: New PSIGEN Partnership Gives Toshiba MFP Users Access to PSIGEN Data-Extraction Software