OKI Acquires Seiko Instruments’ Wide-Format Inkjet-, LED-Printer Subsidiary
As part of its expansion into commercial and production printing, OKI Data Corporation of Tokyo reports that it and Seiko Instruments signed an agreement on July 8th under which OKI Data will acquire the globally deployed wide-format printer business of Seiko I Infotech (SIIT), a subsidiary of SII.
OKI Data and SII signed a stock- purchase agreement for the acquisition of all SIIT shares held by SII. OKI Data’s overseas subsidiaries in Europe and the United States also each signed asset-purchase agreements with SII’s European and U.S. companies in order to acquire the wide-format printer business and assets currently held by SII in Europe and the United States. The companies will complete the transaction on October 1st. OKI Data says the transaction won’t affect the various products and services currently provided by SIIT.
OKI Data says it sees the high-value-added printer business as a major growth area and an important target business segment, particularly the professional printer market. It forecasts continued growth in demand by 6 percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for wide-format printing within the professional printer market, driven by growing on-demand printing needs, in the retail and distribution industries.
Through the acquisition, OKI Data says it’ll not only acquire a portfolio of wide-format inkjet printers for printing signs, and LED graphic printer-plotters held by SIIT, but also SIIT’s technologies and development resources, together with its relevant sales channels. The company’s aim is to enhance its position in the professional printer market through offering one-stop printing solutions particularly targeted at the printing, distribution, and retail sectors. By integrating technologies and resources between the parties through the acquisition, its says it’ll enhance its product portfolio and product-development capabilities.
- May 2015: OKI Seeking to Enter Wide-Format Printer Business with Proposed Acquisition of Seiko I Infotech Business
- May 2015: OKI Rolls On with Strong Financial Results for its Latest Fiscal Year
- February 2015: New OKI C931e, C941e for Both Traditional and Unique Graphic-Arts and Production Printing
- December 2014: OKI Launching Four New DICOM Printers Optimized for Printing from Medical Devices
- October 2014: Catching up with OKI Data Americas: A4 and More Bringing Success
- August 2014: OKI Expands Commercial-Printing Portfolio with New Entry-Level C711DW Digital-Color Label Printer