Three New Fiery Digital Front Ends for Konica Minolta Production Printers
Electronics for Imaging (EFI) and Konica Minolta Business Solutions (KMBS) U.S.A. have launched three upgraded digital front ends (DFEs) for the Konica Minolta bizhub PRESS C1060, C1070, C71hc, C1085, and C1100 family of digital presses.
According to the firms, the new (version 2.0) EFI Fiery IC-415, IC-308, and IC-310 DFEs provide in-plant and commercial print providers exceptional color-management capabilities and an expanded range of automated workflow advantages. based on EFI’s most advanced digital-print technology, the Fiery FS150 Pro platform. Konica Minolta bizhub PRESS customers can also use the Fiery IC-308 and IC-310 DFEs to extend their workflow even further by integrating with EFI’s MIS and web-to-print products.
The three new DFE versions are designed to meet users’ low-, mid-and high-volume production-printing needs. According to the firms, Konica Minolta bizhub PRESS C1060/C1070/C1070P/C71hc, and bizhub PRO C1060L users can gain better, streamlined performance in light-production printing environments using new, embedded Fiery IC-415 DFEs. The external EFI Fiery IC-308 DFE drives the Konica Minolta bizhub PRESS C1060/C1070/C1070P/C71hc/C1085/C1100 engines for light- and mid-volume print operations. It also includes support for Adobe PDF Print Engine 3.0, Adobe’s latest PDF-native rendering platform, and integrates with EFI MIS and web-to-print systems, as well as with third-party pre-press workflow solutions such as Agfa :Apogee, Kodak Prinergy, and Heidelberg Prinect.
Konica Minolta bizhub PRESS C1085/C1100 users with higher-volume production-printing demands can use the Fiery IC-310 DFE, which also supports the Adobe PDF Print Engine 3.0 and integrates with third-party pre-press workflows. The Fiery IC-310 is said to deliver unique Fiery HyperRIP technology that speeds-up processing of graphic-intensive and variable-data print jobs to minimize data spikes and avoid lost production time. HyperRIP processes individual multi-page jobs faster by splitting pages for parallel RIPing, improving performance by up to 55 percent.
This DFE is ideally suited for variable-data jobs and high-volume production printing. To streamline operations in those demanding environments, it also comes with time-saving, advanced make-ready solutions, including:
- EFI Fiery Impose and Compose software for streamlined imposition and document preparation.
- EFI Fiery Graphic Arts Package, Premium Edition, a set of professional color-management, proofing, and control tools that ensure the print job is printed correctly the first time.
The DFEs announced today have all the advanced imaging features that made the Fiery platform the first to carry a 100-percent “perfect pass” label from VIGC’s PDF RIP Audit. They are also said to include many new performance- and image-enhancing features, so that users can have more confidence that their printed output matches the designer’s intent on the first print.
The new Fiery DFEs are available from Konica Minolta and authorized Konica Minolta resellers.
- May 2015: Stellar Fiscal Year for Konica Minolta, Business Technologies Drives Growth
- March 2015: Konica Minolta Expanding its MPM Production-Print Program to U.S. and Japan
- October 2014: Konica Minolta Acquiring Italian Inkjet Textile Printer Sales Company, Verga
- September 2014: Konica Minolta to Market Entry Level Digital-Label Printers IntoPrint EDGE 850 and IntoPrint Eclipse LF3
- June 2014: Konica Minolta Rolls Out Two-Engine bizhub Press 2250P for Production Print
- July 2014: Konica Minolta Lays out Compelling Roadmap for Printing: from Production, to Office, A4, and 3D Printing
- July 2014: Konica Minolta Launches Flagship Digital Color bizhub PRESS C1100 Rated at up to 100 PPM
- June 2014: Konica Minolta Entering Inkjet Textile Printing Market in China with Nassenger PRO1000