Memjet Opening New San Diego HQ for Growing Number of Employees and New Product Development
Memjet, maker of page-wide stationary color inkjet-printing technology, reports that it’s opening a new global headquarters that will include technology laboratories and corporate offices in San Diego, California. The firm says it’s grown in market segments targeting production printing, labels, packaging printing, and graphics printing, and that it currently provides components and systems to nearly 40 original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) on a global basis.
Memjet says it requires a larger facility to “increase productivity of its growing employee base of scientists, engineers, technicians, and go-to-market experts.” Housed in a 25,000-square foot building, the headquarters will combine Memjet’s two previous facilities located in San Diego. The space will also include a demonstration area for new and potential customers, as well as enhanced labs for developing ink, print-head and hardware technologies
“Memjet has seen a tremendous amount of growth in both revenue and OEM customers utilizing the technology, and we expect to multiply the growth in the years ahead,” commented Memjet CEO Len Lauer. “The decision to expand our San Diego footprint was an easy one to make in light of the increased number of employees to support the growing customer base and our continued need to expand our R&D capability across both ink and print-head technology.”
Memjet provides technologies and components to OEM printing partners globally, including inkjet print-head technology that is supported by Memjet controller chips, software, and ink. The Memjet print-head uses “waterfall” technology to deposit ink droplets on a page via more than 70,000 ink nozzles, enabling vivid color printing, says Memjet, and the highest resolution available via single-pass printing. Memjet’s OEM partners include Canon-Oce, Colordyne, VIPColor, Xante, and others.
- May 2015: RTI Digital Launching XL Stacker for Memjet-Powered Vortex 4200 Wide-Format Color Inkjet Printer
- April 2015: Memjet: Desktop Label Printers Poised for ‘Unprecedented Growth’
- February 2015: IPT Digital to Demonstrate JFlex 870 Powered by Memjet’s Aspen Print Engine
- January 2015: First Memjet-Powered JFlex870 Label Printer Sold in Canada
- November 2014: MEMJET: 2014 HAS BEEN A ‘BANNER YEAR’ WITH RECORD PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH
- October 2014: New Memjet-Powered Colordyne CDT 3600 Series Digital Label and Tag Production-Printing System
- August 2014: Memjet Launches Next-Generation Print Engine, Sirius, for More Versatile Media Handling
- September 2014: MEMJET PARTNERS TO SHOWCASE NEW AND CURRENT PRINTING SYSTEMS AT GRAPH EXPO 2014
- July 2014: RTI DIGITAL EXPANDS DISTRIBUTION OF MEMJET-POWERED VORTEX 4200 WIDE-FORMAT PRINTER
- June 2014: ALPHA IMAGING TO RESELL MEMJET-POWERED RTI DIGITAL VORTEX 4200 IN NORTHEAST U.S.
- April 2014: Memjet Unveils Next-Generation Aspen Inkjet Print Engine for Commercial Printing
- April 2014: RTI DIGITAL AND #1 NETWORK PARTNER TO INTRODUCE MEMJET-POWERED VORTEX WIDE-FORMAT PRINTER ACROSS NORTH AMERICA
- January 2014: Memjet Adds Image Star as U.S. Distributor for Memjet-Powered C6000 Series with Refillable Ink Cartridges