Xerox Enhancing its Business Process Automation with New ‘Robotic’ Process Automation Services
As it continues to evolve its business process automation offerings, Xerox says it’s enabling accelerated adoption of robotic process automation (RPA) services with the latest expansion of its automation software portfolio.
According to the firm, automation has reached an inflection point in the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry, where mature automation tools are now readily available to redesign routine, manual tasks –such as data entry – roles typically performed by humans.
As more clients seek to accelerate their adoption of automation tools, the firm says its new, packaged offerings enable faster deployment and scalability. The first tools of the automation package are being provided as part of the Xerox ClearSight suite of products, and include:
- Xerox ClearSight Automated Intelligence: Xerox developed this general-purpose software to mimic human actions by routing or processing data based on specific rules. The software works with any data source, such as email messages and spreadsheets, and can be programmed to perform simple routines to complex processes. The software creates a user interface or communication link that can read data entering a specific process through a business app, Web app, or contact center, and can direct the data to the appropriate application or process.
- Xerox ClearSight Case Management: This robotic software controls the business-process workflow, plus what the users see on their computer screens, creating an easy-to-use, fully integrated product that can be deployed in various industries. For example, this software application can be used to train customer care agents and to help respond to callers’ inquiries. Xerox says the application eliminates the need for extensive agent training on where to find the answers to common customer inquiries. When handling a call, for instance, the application knows where to retrieve the correct information while recording/logging information from the entire call for future calls. This tool organizes information by topic and delivers it to the agent’s touch screen as an icon for easy access.
“Xerox has long been a leader in process automation, supported with hundreds of client engagements and many decades of R&D. We’ve now made this experience more accessible and available for mainstream deployment across multiple industries,” commented Sue Watts, chief operating officer of Xerox Global Capabilities. “Automation will drive profound change in how business processes are conducted while delivering tangible benefits – ranging from scalability to accuracy to cost.”
Watts said Xerox is embedding automation tools throughout its portfolio to support its full line of business – from customer care centers, to finance and accounting processes, to the healthcare sector. The company previously announced the benefits of workflow automation on its managed print services when it unveiled Xerox managed print services and workflow automation services.
Xerox is currently using automation tools for several clients, including:
- Horizon Healthcare Services: To improve the accuracy of claim transactions for New Jersey’s oldest and largest health insurer, Xerox Automated Intelligence was used to make enhancements to the claim coding system, which helped to minimize errors and achieve an accuracy rate exceeding 98 percent.
- State of New Mexico Medicaid: The Xerox Case Management software was introduced to the customer-care center that receives calls from Medicaid beneficiaries. The tool allows customer-care agents to focus on callers’ inquiries and concerns rather than administrative tasks such as documenting the details and background for the inquiry.
- April 2015: New Xerox Workflow-Optimization Solutions, DocuShare Private Cloud
- April 2015: New Xerox CompleteView User Analytics Tool for MPS, Monitoring Users’ Printing
- April 2015: Xerox Wins $564.9 Million Medicaid Contract with State of New York
- November 2014: New Solutions from Xerox Support Paper-Less Document Processes; Also Now Offering Hyland OnBase and Datawatch Solutions