OKI Seeking to Enter Wide-Format Printer Business with Proposed Acquisition of Seiko I Infotech Business
May 21, 2015 – OKI Data of Tokyo, Japan, is seeking to acquire the wide-format printer business of Seiko I Infotech. OKI says it’s exchanged a memorandum to transfer the wide-format printer business of Seiko I Infotech, a subsidiary of SII, to OKI Data, and that both companies will pursue negotiations with a view to completing the business transfer by October 1, 2015.
OKI says Seiko I Infotech (SIIT) is well-received mainly in the sign-graphics-printing and engineering-printing markets for its product development ability and strong sales specializing in these target segments. However, it says that it’s essential that Seiko I Infotech enhance its overseas sales, as well as its product portfolio, with a view to further growth for its wide-format printer business. SIIT has been seeking measures to achieve this through forming alliances with other companies.
To achieve business growth within the professional-printing market, OKI says it believes it must enhance its technology-development ability and product portfolio, as well as strengthen its sales channels in new product areas such as wide-format printers.
- May 2015: OKI ROLLS ON WITH STRONG FINANCIAL RESULTS FOR ITS LATEST FISCAL YEAR
- April 2015: NEW ‘SMART’ A4 MFPS FROM OKI, MB700+ AND MC700+, WITH LATEST SMART EXTENDABLE PLATFORM, OPTIONAL CLOUD CONNECTIVITY
- April 2015: OKI ROLLS OUT NEW ‘SMART’ A3 COLOR MC873 MFP SERIES WITH LATEST SMART EXTENDABLE PLATFORM
- February 2015: NEW OKI C931E, C941E FOR BOTH TRADITIONAL AND UNIQUE GRAPHIC-ARTS AND PRODUCTION PRINTING
- February 2015: OKI NET SALES AND INCOME UP FOR NINE-MONTH PERIOD AND THIRD QUARTER
- November 2014: OKI REPORTS FAVORABLE SALES GROWTH FOR ITS PRINTER BUSINESS, RAISES FORECAST FOR ITS FULL YEAR
- September 2014: OKI RAISES FORECAST FOR FISCAL HALF YEAR DUE TO IMPROVING PRINTER BUSINESS
- August 2014: OKI EXPANDS COMMERCIAL-PRINTING PORTFOLIO WITH NEW ENTRY-LEVEL C711DW DIGITAL-COLOR LABEL PRINTER
- July 2014: OKI PRINTER AND MFP BUSINESS ENJOYS ‘DRASTIC IMPROVEMENT’ IN LATEST QUARTER