EFI Launches VUTEk, its Fastest Roll-to-Roll Printer at FESPA 2015
May 19, 2015 – Electronics for Imaging (EFI) is introducing its new EFI VUTEk HSr press, its fastest production-class roll-to-roll printer, which it is currently demonstrating at the FESPA 2015 trade show currently being held in Cologne, Germany.
New EFI VUTEk HSr Press
With the VUTEk HSr press, EFI says it’s introducing a dedicated, production-class roll-to-roll printer, its fastest printer on the market. The new VUTEk LED/UV Pin & Cure imaging press is a 3.2 m high-speed roll-to-roll printer that targets the replacement of older solvent printers for the high-volume production of vehicle wraps, bus sides, banners, posters, and more. It uses six colors plus white ink with multi-layer print capability for the production of day/night backlit graphics. The VUTEk HSr press also features EFI 3M SuperFlex HSr Ink and has a 3M MCS Warranty.
LED Printing Technology and More
At FESPA, EFI is also demonstrating its 7-picoliter grayscale UltraDrop Technology for near-photographic imaging, new SuperRange Ink, and energy-efficient, “cool cure” LED imaging at full production speeds, as well as its VUTEk GO, a monitoring application for EFI high-end VUTEk HS Pro series.
The firm says UltraDrop Technology provides an additional competitive advantage with the ability to print smaller drop sizes with more precise control, due to its native 7pL print heads and multi-drop addressability in each dot position. The result, it says, is outstanding smoothness in shadows, gradients and transitions, superb text quality with four-point text in both standard and knockout with fewer satellites, and more clarity in all print modes.
EFI is also demonstrating the EFI H1625 LED printer, which it says gives printing companies with mid-level production printing needs the same advantages as higher-production LED systems at a significantly lower cost. Thanks to the four-color plus white inks that come standard, and eight-level variable-drop grayscale capability, EFI says the printer produces near-photographic image quality, saturated colors, and smooth color gradations. The system prints on an extended range of flexible and rigid substrates. Its single-pass, multi-layer print capability allows printing companies to offer premium-margin applications with greater profit opportunity.
EFI is also demonstrating its VUTEk GS3250lx Pro LED printer with UltraDrop Technology. It says this LED printer allows users to produce more jobs, and extend their applications offering with more substrates and lower operating costs. It offers rigid and roll-fed printing capability, white ink, and single-pass multilayer printing.
At the FESTA trade show, EFI is also demonstrating:
- The 5-meter VUTEk GS5500lxr Pro printer with new SuperRange Inks, which includes the 3M MCS Warranty when printing on 3M flexible media. According to EFI, this roll-fed printer delivers precise imaging thanks to its innovative and eco-friendly LED curing and EFI’s UltraDrop Technology. EFI says co-branded EFI and 3M SuperRange Inks, available for VUTEk GSlxr series printers in six-color and eight-color plus white configurations, offer a hard surface cure, a wide color gamut, and excellent adhesion properties, making them the ideal choice for a wide range of materials and printing applications.
- The 3.2-meter, hybrid EFI VUTEk HS100 Pro press, a high-volume printer that uses a combination LED/UV Pin & Cure imaging process to provide exceptional quality and high productivity. The press also features automated material loading and unloading systems, along with a material edge guide system for printing on corrugated board and other challenging substrates at press-rated speeds.
- VUTEk GO, a remote-monitoring application for theVUTEk HS Pro series that allows customers to:
- Monitor their print queue in real-time (see what job is printing, how long left in the print run, what job is next).
- Monitor real-time status of ink levels, lamp settings, and lamp life.
- Review history of printer status and print queue within last 24 hours.
- Receive push notifications on printer alerts or errors.
- The 2-meter, hybrid EFI VUTEk H2000 Pro UV inkjet printer that features UltraDrop Technology and, according to EFI, gives users a more-affordable entry point into mid-volume, premium production printing while giving them the option to add features, including white ink, clear varnish, and roll-to-roll media handling as they grow their business.
- The EFI mid-market Productivity Suite, which gives users an integrated solution to end-to-end automation including certified workflows and synchronized releases across multiple products. The firm says it allows companies to simplify the implementation and maintenance of their management system and operations tasks as they need to grow into new markets and strategically run their businesses. In its heart is EFI Pace, a browser-based, scalable and customizable print-management system that streamlines operations and reduces costs by providing real-time data for estimating, production, accounting, sales management and e-commerce. Other key elements of the Productivity Suite demonstrated at the show are EFI DirectSmile cross-media marketing software and the newest version of EFI Digital StoreFront, a Web-to-print software solution that provides variable-data and personalized print capabilities and customizable responsive SmartStore libraries.
- Thermoforming techniques of pre-decorated thermoplastic sheets printed on an EFI VUTEk GS Pro-TF printer. EFI says thermoforming inks stretch during the heat-forming process without cracking or loss of opacity and adhesion. Digitally pre-printed sheets can be formed into custom signs, point-of-purchase displays, and other 3D objects, eliminating costly and time-consuming screen-printing, hand painting, and vinyl lettering processes for thermoformed object decoration.
- LED labeling kiosk: EFI says it’s also bringing the advantages of LED technology to label and narrow web printing. It says its Jetrion 4950lx printer represents a new level of digital label production systems, with improved image quality, finer text, higher speeds and advanced LED technology, and the ability to print on heat-sensitive and specialty substrates.
- April 2015: EFI REPORTS RECORD FIRST QUARTER REVENUE OF $195 MILLION
- April 2015: EFI M500 SELF-SERVE PRINT-FOR-PAY STATION NOW AVAILABLE FOR KONICA MINOLTA BIZHUBS
- March 2015: NEW EFI FIERY DIGITAL FRONT ENDS FOR XEROX’S LATEST DIGITAL PRESSES
- February 2015: EFI SELF-SERVE PRINT-FOR-PAY PRINT PRODUCTS NOW AVAILABLE FOR CANON MFPS
- January 2015: EFI REPORTS RECORD REVENUE FOR FOURTH QUARTER AND FULL-YEAR 2014
- January 2015: EFI PREVIEWS NEW LED INKJET, MORE AT EFI CONNECT USERS CONFERENCE
- October 2014: EFI ACQUIRES POLYMERIC IMAGING’S THERMOFORMING INK TECHNOLOGY
- October 2014: EFI REPORTS RECORD REVENUE OF $198 MILLION FOR THIRD-QUARTER 2014
- October 2014: NEW LINE OF EFI FIERY SERVERS FOR LATEST RICOH COLOR PRODUCTION PRINTERS
- July 2014: EFI ACQUIRES DIRECTSMILE, MAKER OF CROSS-MEDIA MARKETING SOFTWARE