OKI Showing New ES8473 A3 Color MFP at BTA Mid-America District Event
May 7, 2015 – OKI Data Americas reports that it’ll be participating in the BTA Mid-America District Event taking place May 7-8 in Minneapolis, Minnesota, where it’ll be exhibiting its new MFP available through the BTA (Business Technology Association) channel, the ES8473 A3 color MFP. OKI says the ES8473 MFP offers a unique value proposition with its small footprint paired with printing on A3/11″x17″ media, and is positioning the MFP as a cost-effective alternative to larger, more expensive MFPs.
The ES8473, which uses OKI’s toner-based LED-printing technology, features optional wireless connectivity, 7″ tilting color, touchscreen, and standard print, copy, scan and fax. OKI rates the MFP at up to 35 ppm in black-and-white and color, maximum paper capacity is 2,005, and there’s support for AirPrint and Google Cloud Print, as well as three-year warranty. As with other recently introduced OKI MFPs, the touch screen features diagnostics that walk the user through resolving common problems, such as installing toner cartridges. Three configurations are available, including a base desktop model, and a floor-standing model with three paper trays.
Beginning this summer, the ES8473 will use the latest generation of OKI’s smart Extendable Platform (sXP) open platform to support OKI’s expanding suite of solutions and applications, including print-management, document-capture, and document-management solutions. OKI says this new open API will offer more functionality for developers to build unique solution applications for OKI smart MFPs.
“OKI Data is pleased to be exhibiting at the BTA Mid America District event this year, which provides us the best opportunity to demonstrate our ongoing commitment and support of all channel partners,” commented Mike Garofola, senior marketing manager of channel marketing for OKI Data Americas. “BTA District events have always been a premier channel event for OKI Data, giving us the opportunity to communicate one-on-one with our valued partners and potential prospects.”
Each year the districts of the Business Technology Association host education and networking events that are well-received by office technology dealership attendees. With more than 80 attendees expected, BTA’s district events provide many opportunities for dealers to interact with one another and with exhibitors.
Other ES8473 features include:
- First page out as fast as 9.5 seconds.
- Color scan with send-to functionality.
- Standard duplex printing capability
- 100 sheet duplex reversing automatic document feeder (RADF) that scans both sides of originals.
- Optional wireless LAN connectivity.
- Standard convenience stapler.
- Standard job separator/second output bin.
- Secure print encryption for confidential documents.
- April 2015: NEW ‘SMART’ A4 MFPS FROM OKI, MB700+ AND MC700+, WITH LATEST SMART EXTENDABLE PLATFORM, OPTIONAL CLOUD CONNECTIVITY
- April 2015: OKI ROLLS OUT NEW ‘SMART’ A3 COLOR MC873 MFP SERIES WITH LATEST SMART EXTENDABLE PLATFORM
- April 2015: THIS WEEK IN IMAGING: THOUGHTS ON OKI’S NEW A3 COLOR MFP; HP PAGEWIDE XL WIDE-FORMAT PRINTERS; CANON ENHANCES MFP SECURITY; MORE
- March 2015: OKI DATA WILL OFFER MWAI’S FORZA SOLUTION FOR DEALERS
- March 2015: OKI TO DEMO NEW MFPS FOR BTA CHANNEL, LIGHT-PRODUCTION PRINT DEVICES AT ITEX SHOW
- February 2015: NEW OKI C931E, C941E FOR BOTH TRADITIONAL AND UNIQUE GRAPHIC-ARTS AND PRODUCTION PRINTING
- February 2015: OKI NET SALES AND INCOME UP FOR NINE-MONTH PERIOD AND THIRD QUARTER
- January 2015: NEW OKI A4 MODELS FEATURE MORE MEMORY FOR FASTER PRINT-JOB PROCESSING, WIFI PRINTING, MORE
- December 2014: OKI LAUNCHING FOUR NEW DICOM PRINTERS OPTIMIZED FOR PRINTING FROM MEDICAL DEVICES