New ‘Smart’ A4 MFPs from OKI, MB700+ and MC700+, with Latest smart Extendable Platform, Optional Cloud Connectivity
April 28, 2015 – OKI Data Americas today reports that its new high A4 MFPs for the mid-size workgroup segment, the MB700+ and MC700+ series, which consist of five black-and-white and five color configurations, respectively, are now available, and shipping in May. The new MFPs feature a number several upgrades, including Apple AirPrint for iOS mobile-printing support, Adobe Systems (PDF/A) portable-document formatting embedded into scan functions, and compliance with the Apple Mac X Yosemite operating system. The new MFPs, along with OKI’s recently introduced A3 color MC800 MFP series, were entirely developed in-house by OKI, including the scanner and controller.
The MB700+ and MC700+ series MFPs, which print and scan on up to A4/8.5″x14″, also use the latest open API iteration of OKI’s smart Extendable Platform (sXP) to support OKI’s suite of print-management, document-capture, and document management solutions. OKI says that this new platform, which it will introduce this summer, will also enable developers to build unique solution applications for the new OKI smart MFPs.
The new MFPs are also bundled with ABBYY FineReader Sprint OCR (optical character recognition) software for file searching and conversion, and are embedded with the cloud-based SENDYS Explorer LITE connector:
- ABBYY FineReader Sprint OCR enables users to quickly and easily convert paper documents, as well as PDF files and images, into edit-and-search friendly text in 190 different languages.
- SENDYS Explorer LITE manages documents with server-based software and can be used with all OKI smart MFPs. With it, users can capture documents from various sources, and can then convert, distribute, or upload them to a chosen location. Optional cloud connectors are available, as is an upgrade to a premium version.
- Also provided is support for Adobe SystemsPDF/A, which is native on MFP. PDF/A is an ISO standard designed for archiving PDF digital documents so that they appear long into the future the same as when they were first digitized.
The MFPs, which use OKI’s LED toner-based printing technology, are eligible for OKI Data’s COREFIDO warranty and recycling program. The COREFIDO program allows consumers to upgrade from a standard one-year warranty to a five-year warranty at no charge, as well as participate in a free recycling program for used OKI toner and image drums from registered devices. Under COREFIDO, customers receive 60 months of free on-site repairs at no cost, with free parts and labor.
The 55-ppm MB700 black-and-white A4 MFP series consists of:
- The MB760+, a desktop configuration, which replaces the MB760.
- The MB760+ Wireless, a desktop configuration.
- The MB770+, a desktop configuration, which replaces the MB770.
- The MB770f+, which replaces the MB770f, a floor-standing configuration with document finisher, second paper tray, and caster base.
- The MB770fx+, which replaces the MB770fx, a floor-standing configuration with document finisher and 2,000-sheet large capacity paper feeder.
The MC700 color A4 MFP series consists of:
- The 37/35 -ppm MC770+, a desktop configuration, which replaces the MC770.
- The 37/35 -ppm MC770+ Wireless, a desktop configuration.
- The 42/42-ppm MC780+, a desktop configuration, which replaces the MC780.
- The 42/42-ppm MC780f+, which replaces the MC780f, and is a floor-standing configuration with document finisher configuration, second paper tray, and caster base.
- The 42/42-ppm MC780fx+, which replaces the MC780fx, and is a floor-standing configuration with document finisher, and 2,000-sheet large capacity paper feeder.
More on the New MC873dn
During a recent Webinair with OKI Data Americas executives, we also got a close look at this new A3 color MFP.
According to OKI executives, the MC873dn with optional wireless connectivity, and which replaces the MC860 series, is ideal for SMBs, with its compact, user-friendly design, and like the new MB700+ and MC700+, was 100-percent developed in-house. Along with its new 7″ tilting color touch screen with QWERTY-styled keyboard, it features the latest OKI smart Extendable Platform, as well as new diagnostic feature, with the touch screen, for instance, indicating when a toner cartridge must be replaced, as well as job macros, for consolidating a job with multiple steps into one touch at the touch screen.
Another ease-of-use feature is a more easily accessible black toner cartridge, as users don’t have to lift up the scanner or hood to access the black toner cartridge.
For customers, with the MC873dn, OKI is offering “all the core features of a big A3 copier, but at a lower price with a lower TCO,” while for resellers, with COREFIDO five-year warranty program, “it’s an MFP without maintenance concerns.”
Pricing is as follows:
- $3,999 for the MC873dn, a desktop configuration with automatic duplex printing, network connectivity, 400-sheet standard paper supply; maximum paper capacity with options is 2,005 sheets.
- $4,159 for the MC873dnc, a floor-standing configuration with automatic duplex printing, network connectivity, 400-sheet standard paper supply; maximum paper capacity with options is 935 sheets.
- $4,699 for the MC873dnx, a floor-standing configuration with automatic duplex printing, network connectivity, 1,470-sheet standard paper supply; maximum paper capacity with options is 2,005 sheets.
Consumables consist of:
- Four toner cyan, yellow, magenta, and black toner (CYMK) cartridges, each of which yields up to 10,000 pages ($214.00 for each color cartridge, and $120.00 for black); a black toner cartridge ($134) that yields up to 15,000 pages is also available.
- Four CYMK Imaging drum that yields 30,000 pages each and are priced at $185.00 each.
- Transfer belt good for 80,000 pages.
- Fuser unit good for 100,000 pages.
OKI’s LED-Printing Proposition
OKI stresses that its advancements in A3 and A4 MFPs and printers are based in its investment in its LED-printing technology, which it says provide two major advantages over laser printing. First, it says the LED print head is 10 times smaller than laser units, so that the MFPs and printers are smaller than laser counterparts – thus making them ideal for small and mid-size businesses, where space may be limited. Second, OKI stresses the better durability provided by LED print heads – their simpler structure translates into more problem-free printing, noting that it’s confident enough in the reliability of its LED printing that it’s implemented its COREFIDO five-warranty program.
OKI Data Americas has put together a compelling A3 and A4 line with the recently introduced MC873 series that lists below $5,000, and which is now complemented with the new A4 MB700+ and MC700+, all of which should be attractive to both resellers and end-users, especially with the COREFIDO five-year warranty program.
As several OKI executives explained during a recent OKI Webinair, the goal for OKI Data Americas is “a better feature set and lower cost.” That lower cost means a lower acquisition cost, and, with the five-year warranty under COREFIDO, lower total cost of ownership, with customers not having to pay for repairs for five years (which is also a big advantage for resellers).
- April 2015: OKI EUROPE ROLLS OUT NEW A3 ‘SMART’ MC800 COLOR MFP SERIES
- April 2015: OKI ROLLS OUT NEW ‘SMART’ A3 COLOR MC873 MFP SERIES WITH LATEST SMART EXTENDABLE PLATFORM
- March 2015: OKI DATA WILL OFFER MWAI’S FORZA SOLUTION FOR DEALERS
- March 2015: OKI TO DEMO NEW MFPS FOR BTA CHANNEL, LIGHT-PRODUCTION PRINT DEVICES AT ITEX SHOW
- February 2015: NEW OKI C931E, C941E FOR BOTH TRADITIONAL AND UNIQUE GRAPHIC-ARTS AND PRODUCTION PRINTING
- February 2015: OKI NET SALES AND INCOME UP FOR NINE-MONTH PERIOD AND THIRD QUARTER
- January 2015: NEW OKI A4 MODELS FEATURE MORE MEMORY FOR FASTER PRINT-JOB PROCESSING, WIFI PRINTING, MORE
- November 2014: OKI PROVIDES MORE DETAILS ON ITS NEW COREFIDO FIVE-YEAR FREE WARRANTY PROGRAM
- November 2014: OKI REPORTS FAVORABLE SALES GROWTH FOR ITS PRINTER BUSINESS, RAISES FORECAST FOR ITS FULL YEAR
- October 2014: CATCHING UP WITH OKI DATA AMERICAS: A4 AND MORE BRINGING SUCCESS
- September 2014: OKI RAISES FORECAST FOR FISCAL HALF YEAR DUE TO IMPROVING PRINTER BUSINESS
- September 2014: OKI DATA MULTIFUNCTIONALS NOW OFFER BUSINESS SOLUTIONS FROM MORE THAN 30 PARTNERS
- August 2014: OKI DATA RECEIVES COMPTIA TRUSTMARK RECOGNITION FOR MANAGED PRINT SERVICES