New Job Finisher for Xerox Wide-Format IJP 2000 for Printing as Fast as Five Seconds Per Page
April 16, 2015 – Xerox reports that it’s introducing a new solution from developed with partner Fotoba to provide the industry’s fastest production of full-bleed and multi-up posters, banners, and signage at speeds as fast as five seconds per page.
The new Fotoba FHS42 Cutter runs in-line with the Xerox Wide Format IJP 2000, a single-pass-aqueous CYMK inkjet printer introduced in 2013, for faster overall job production and job turnaround. The cutter has one horizontal and as many as four vertical trimming blades for 1-, 2-, or 3-up full-bleed finishing. It reads embedded crop marks on each print to align and continuously adjust its cutting blocks to deliver cuts accurate to 0.04 inches (1 millimeter).
Xerox partnered with Fotoba in order to customize the cutter to match the Wide Format IJP 2000’s key specifications, including synchronizing speeds at 4,520 square feet (420 square meters) per hour and qualifying the same wide range of media. Supported media includes matte coated, photo gloss, satin, blueback, and backlit/stoplight films, enabling commercial printers to offer their customers a wide range of applications.
In addition to fast turnarounds of finished prints, Xerox says the cutter’s flexible trimming options let print shops produce any size job without having to stock multiple roll sizes, or make frequent roll changes, saving time and money. The cutter’s self-sharpening blades are also said to minimize maintenance requirements.
The Xerox Wide Format IJP 2000 and Fotoba FHS42 Cutter will be on display at FESPA (Federation of European Screen Printers Associations) 2015 trade show being held in Cologne, Germany, May 18-21. The Fotoba FHS42 Cutter is available worldwide from Xerox wide-format printer resellers as a retrofit or an optional add-on.
- March 2015: NEW XEROX 80-PPM VERSANT 80 PRESS, & COLOR 800I/1000I WITH GOLD, SILVER, & SPECIALTY INKS
- February 2015: NEW XEROX RIALTO 900 COLOR-INKJET PRODUCTION PRINTER FIRST TO BE DEVELOPED WITH IMPIKA
- February 2015: FUJI XEROX’S COLOR 1000I PRODUCTION PRINTER FIRST TO FEATURE GOLD AND SILVER TONERS
- November 2014: XEROX’S IMPIKA FOCUSING ON PRODUCT-SALES EXPANSION IN ASIA
- October 2014: XEROX ADDS MICR PRINTING AND COATING OPTIONS TO CIPRESS INKJET PRODUCTION-PRINTING SYSTEMS
- September 2014: XEROX IMPIKA COLOR INKJET IPRINT EVOLUTION DIGITAL-COLOR PRESS MAKES NORTH AMERICAN DEBUT
- September 2014: NEW XEROX COLOR C60/C70 FOR LIGHT PRODUCTION PRINT ON BROAD RANGE OF MEDIA, INCLUDING LINEN, MAGNETS, MORE
- June 2014: XEROX AIMS TO BUILD PRODUCTION INKJET PORTFOLIO COMPARABLE TO TONER PORTFOLIO