Epson’s New SureColor Wide-Format Color Inkjet Printer Prints on 17" Wide Media
April 14, 2015 – Epson America today took the wraps off its new SureColor P800 color inkjet wide-format printer, which is designed for professional use, and can print border-less prints on up to 17″ media. The SureColor P800, which uses Epson’s MicroPiezo AMCTM print-head technology, also uses nine pigment-based 80 ml Epson UltraChrome HD ink cartridges.
The SureColor P800 features a sheet feeder for feeding photo and matte media, and a front-in and front-out paper path for printing on thicker fine-art papers and poster board. An optional 17″ wide roll-paper adapter is designed for printing on canvas media and on longer print lengths of up to 10′ long, the latter of which is typically for creating panoramic prints.
Other features include:
- Auto-switching photo and matte-black ink cartridges.
- Front-in and front-out paper path for printing on media and poster board up to 1.5 mm thick.
- Optional rear-mounted 2″ or 3″ core roll feeders.
- Compact enough for desktop placement.
- USB 2.0 port, Ethernet network interface, and Wireless n1, Wi-Fi Direct, Apple AirPrint, and Google Cloud Print connectivity.
The SureColor P800 will be available for purchase in June 2015 through authorized resellers. MSRP is $1,295. The optional roll-paper adapter is $199.95 (MSRP), and each UltraChrome HD 80 ml ink cartridge is priced at $59.95 (MSRP) each.
- April 2015: NEW EPSON S30675, S50675, S70675 SOLVENT INK WIDE-FORMAT PRINTERS FOR SIGNAGE, GRAPHICS, FINE-ART APPS
- February 2015: EPSON’S DEMONSTRATES SURECOLOR F-SERIES’ TEXTILE-PRINTING POWER AT NYC FASHION WEEK
- October 2015: NEW NINE-COLOR EPSON SURECOLOR P600 FOR ADVANCED PHOTO PRINTING
- July 2014: EPSON SHIPPING SURECOLOR F7170 DYE-SUB WIDE-FORMAT TEXTILE PRINTER
- July 2014: EPSON ROLLS OUT NEXT-GENERATION SURECOLOR T-SERIES PRINTERS WITH PRECISIONCORE TFP INKJET PRINT HEAD
- January 2014: EPSON UNVEILS LATEST DYE-SUB PRINTER FOR FABRIC PRINTING, THE SURECOLOR F7170