Kyocera Previews New A4 MFPs with A3 Feature Set, New HyPAS Apps at Annual Dealer Conference
April 9, 2015 – KYOCERA Document Solutions America reports that it’s “officially renewed the company’s strong commitment to end-user customers and its authorized-dealer channel” at its annual dealer conference held last week at The Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas. Addressing more than 1,000 attendees from the United States, Canada, Latin America, and Mexico, as well as Europe and Japan, Kyocera executives unveiled several new corporate initiatives and new technology at the company’s FY16 Business & Technology Conference.
Under the theme “Power 2 Perform” Kyocera executives shared strategic initiatives designed to further strengthen the company’s philosophy of partnership, growth, and open communication with its dealers and customers.
Norihiko Ina, president and CEO of KYOCERA Document Solutions America, noted that company’s ultimate goal remains the same. “Kyocera has focused on total document solutions and complete resolution of end-user customer business challenges. This year, the theme ‘Power 2 Perform’ emphasizes Kyocera’s strengthened total document solutions approach in FY16 and beyond, as well as the philosophy of partnership and collaboration; it drives all of our activities, from hardware and software innovations to our service offerings. In the end, the user reaps the rewards.”
New Products and Business Applications
As part of its 2016 initiative, Kyocera previewed a number of Kyocera-developed business applications that it says mark the first of the many applications that it’ll introduce in its upcoming fiscal year. The applications will integrate with all Kyocera HyPAS-equipped devices and include:
- Kyocera Mobile Print for Students, which enables students with parental controls enabled on their tablet PCs to print to and scan from Kyocera devices without accessing the Internet.
- DocuWare Connector, which connects Kyocera devices directly to the DocuWare Document Management System.
- Integration with Blackboard Learn, which permits students, teachers, and any other users to connect to the popular learning management system directly from Kyocera MFPs.
- AccuSender powered by Biscom, which enables users to send size scanned documents that are large file sizes as secure files to multiple destinations directly from a Kyocera MFP, or through the secure file transfer capabilities of Biscom.
New ECOSYS and TASKAlfa MFPs and Printers
ECOSYS MFPs and Printers
The new compact desktop color printers, the ECOSYS P7040cdn Series, consists of the ECOSYS P7040cd, P6035cdn and P6130cdn, which print at up to 42 ppm in both color and black-and-white, with paper capacities up to 2,100 sheets.
The new color MFPs, the ECOSYS M6535cidn Series, sharie the same core engine as the printers, and consist of four models, with print speeds of up to 37 ppm in both color and black-and-white, with a standard 75-sheet document feeder.
The ECOSYS M6535cidn and M6035cidn are both HyPAS-capable MFPs, so that they may be integrated with Kyocera’s optional business applications. The series also includes the ECOSYS M6530cdn and the M6030cdn (the ECOSYS M6030cdn is only available in Latin America).
Notable features include:
- Standard print, copy, scan, and black-and-white fax for the MFPs.
- Optional USB host interface for printing from and scanning to USB flash drive.
- Gigabit Ethernet network interface.
- Apple AirPrint for mobile printing.
- Customizable 7″ touch screen for the M6535cidn and M6035cidn.
TASKalfa MFPs and Printers
The new A4 TASKalfa 406ci Series consists of the TASKalfa 406ci, 356ci, and 306ci, which Kyocera says are compact MFPs that offer all of the performance typically associated with their A3 counterparts, including print speeds of up to 42 ppm. Various document-handling options are available, including a 3,000-sheet document finisher with staple and hole punch.
The TASKalfa 406ci Series also incorporate Kyocera’s HyPAS platform for incorporating various optional business applications.
Notable features include:
- 1,200 dpi resolution for the TASKalfa 406ci and 356ci.
- Tablet-like touch screens with tablet-like operation and appearance.
- Standard print, copy, and scan, with optional fax.
- Printing on long banner sheets via the multi-purpose tray.
As is the case with all Kyocera devices, the new MFPs and printers feature Kyocera’s patented long-life image-drum technology. The image-drum design, which separates the toner container, allows users to replenish toner without sacrificing the drum, thus reducing consumable costs and landfill waste.
The new MFPs will be available through authorized Kyocera dealers in the first half of the company’s current fiscal year.
Kyocera Fleet Services
As part of its service offering, Kyocera is introducing a fleet-service management tool, Kyocera Fleet Services (KFS). The KFS package provides a series of monitoring tools that enables remote monitoring of all Kyocera devices on the network. It can also report on networked competitive products’ meter readings and toner levels
Kyocera Fleet Services can also communicate in real-time, communicating the performance of each device, whether a part is needed for replacement, and it has ability to send “panel notes” that advises administrators if their dealer’s servicing technician has been dispatched, or if a toner delivery should be excepted on a given day and time.
- February 2015: NEW DMCONNECT FROM KYOCERA FOR AUTOMATIC ROUTING TO DOCUMENT-MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- January 2015: KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS SETS UP NEW SALES COMPANY IN CHILE, ACQUIRES LOCAL OFFICE-EQUIPMENT DEALER
- November 2014: KYOCERA REPORTS ‘SIGNIFICANT PROFIT’ IN MFP SALES FOR HALF YEAR OF ITS FISCAL YEAR
- October 2014: NEW KYOCERA CENTRAQ SOLUTIONS PROVIDE SECURE PRINT-RELEASE, DEVICE MONITORING, AND USER CONTROLS
- September 2014: NEW APP LINKS KYOCERA MULTIFUNCTIONALS TO GOOGLE ACCOUNTS
- September 2014: KYOCERA ADDS MICROSOFT EXCHANGE CONNECTOR FOR SCAN-TO-EMAIL
- July 2014: MFP SALES UP AT KYOCERA, BUT TOTAL COMPANY EARNINGS DOWN
- July 2014: KYOCERA LAUNCHES RIGHTFAX CONNECTOR FOR CONNECTING TO RIGHTFAX SERVERS
- June 2014: KYOCERA EXPANDS PRINTER/MFP PARTS-PROCUREMENT AND DEVELOPMENT WITH NEW COMPANY IN CHINA
- May 2014: ARGOS ONBOARD PRINT MANAGEMENT NOW AVAILABLE FOR KYOCERA HYPAS-ENABLED MULTIFUNTIONALS