Konica Minolta Says Monotech Acquisition Will Quadruple Its Production-Print Sales Branches in India
April 8, 2015 – Konica Minolta of Japan today announced that Konica Minolta Business Solutions India (BIN), its Indian sales subsidiary for its Business Technologies Business, will acquire Monotech System Limited, a major production-print dealer based in Chennai, India. The acquisition in the fast-growing Indian market is part of Konica Minolta’s initiatives in enhancing its production-printing business in emerging economies.
Through the acquisition, the firm says Konica Minolta BIN will not only quadruple the number of its sales branches in India for production printing, but also extend its sales network throughout India.
Monotech was established in 1999, and has some 444 employees. It provides sales and maintenance services for digital printers, pre-press systems, wide-format printers, and label and package-printing equipment throughout India. In its fiscal 2013 year, it reported sales of 2 billion Indian Rupees.
Monotech is a major production-print sales company that has a network of branches throughout India. Upon completion of the acquisition, Monotech’s sales network will become local branches for Konica Minolta BIN direct sales.
In addition to its main markets in Japan, the United States, and Europe, Konica Minolta has been expanding its production-print business in emerging markets with the same digital-print systems and services as provided in advanced economies.
Konica Minolta Business Solutions India was established in July 2010. After opening its Digital Imaging Square, a digital-printing solution and communications space for production printing in Gurgaon in the state of Haryana, in July 2013, the firm says it’s been growing its business in India by providing products and services mainly through dealerships for a large number of customers in the printing-related trades and in photo studios.
Konica Minolta BIN and Monotech entered into a definitive acquisition on April 4th. Konica Minolta expects to transfer Monotech’s production-print business to Konica Minolta BIN on June 1, 2015.
- March 2015: KONICA MINOLTA EXPANDING ITS MPM PRODUCTION-PRINT PROGRAM TO U.S. AND JAPAN
- February 2015: KONICA MINOLTA TO PROVIDE MWAI FORZA ERP PLATFORM FOR EASIER DEALERSHIP MANAGEMENT, EXPANDS EFI OFFERINGS
- January 2015: KONICA MINOLTA ACQUIRES MILSUL IN ORDER TO ENHANCE PRODUCTION-PRINTING BUSINESS IN BRAZIL
- October 2014: KONICA MINOLTA ACQUIRING ITALIAN INKJET TEXTILE PRINTER SALES COMPANY, VERGA
- September 2014: KONICA MINOLTA TO MARKET ENTRY LEVEL DIGITAL-LABEL PRINTERS INTOPRINT EDGE 850 AND INTOPRINT ECLIPSE LF3
- July 2014: KONICA MINOLTA LAYS OUT COMPELLING ROADMAP FOR PRINTING: FROM PRODUCTION, TO OFFICE, A4, AND 3D PRINTING
- July 2014: KONICA MINOLTA LAUNCHES FLAGSHIP DIGITAL COLOR BIZHUB PRESS C1100 RATED AT UP TO 100 PPM
- June 2014: KONICA MINOLTA ROLLS OUT TWO-ENGINE BIZHUB PRESS 2250P FOR PRODUCTION PRINT
- June 2014: KONICA MINOLTA ENTERING INKJET TEXTILE PRINTING MARKET IN CHINA WITH NASSENGER PRO1000
- February 2014: KONICA MINOLTA WILL BE LARGEST EXHIBITOR AT IPEX COMMERCIAL- AND PRODUCTION-PRINTING TRADE SHOW
- January 2014: KONICA MINOLTA ACQUIRES STAKE IN FRENCH PRODUCTION-PRINTER MAKER MGI DIGITAL GRAPHIC TECHNOLOGY
- November 2012: KONICA MINOLTA TO ACQUIRE U.K. MARKETING-SERVICES COMPANY CHARTERHOUSE