ABBYY Expands North American Executive Staff with Addition of Bruce Orcutt
March 9, 2015 – ABBYY reports that it’s expanding its North American executive team with the addition of Bruce Orcutt, who will serve as vice president of product management and marketing. Orcutt will be responsible for driving revenue, increasing market share, and continuing to develop ABBYY’s enterprise solutions that include the FlexiCapture and Recognition Server content-capture technologies, as well as the FineReader OCR document-recognition solution.
“Bruce comes to ABBYY with nearly two decades of experience and his track record is well-defined showcasing his capability to effectively manage products and market them efficiently,” commented Peter Meechan, chief operating officer of ABBYY North American Headquarters. “He will add leadership to the team that is tasked with creating new products and solutions that are the driving force behind ABBYY’s continued growth with content capture.”
ABBYY says Orcutt has nearly two decades of professional experience in enterprise software and is well-versed in product marketing and management, content and image capture, and optical character recognition (OCR). Prior to his recent appointment at ABBYY, Orcutt was the senior director of product marketing at Kofax. For more than a decade, Orcutt was responsible for launching global enterprise software products, platforms, and solutions for vertical markets that included financial services, insurance, transportation, manufacturing, and government services.
- February 2015: ABBYY’S UPDATED PDF TRANSFORMER+ PROVIDES FASTER PRINTING, START-UP, AND MORE
- December 2014: ABBYY EUROPE PARTNERING WITH FUJITSU TO EXPAND DOCUMENT-CAPTURE SOLUTIONS
- July 2014: ABBYY RELEASES NEXT GENERATION OF FINEREADER ONLINE WITH NEW DOCUMENT-CONVERSION FEATURES
- May 2014: NEXT-GENERATION ABBYY RECOGNITION SERVER FEATURES EXTENDED PDF CAPABILITIES, DIRECT SHAREPOINT INTEGRATION
- April 2014: NEXT-GENERATION ABBYY FINEREADER 12 CORPORATE OCR SOFTWARE WITH UPGRADES
- April 2014: NEW ABBYY PDF TRANSFORMER+ NOW SHIPPING WORLDWIDE
- February 2014: ABBYY RELEASES NEXT GENERATION OF FINEREADER OCR SOFTWARE WITH FASTER DOCUMENT CONVERSION, MORE
- December 2013: NEW PROFESSIONAL OCR TOOL FOR MAC USERS FROM ABBYY