IDC: Canon is Market Leader in U.S. Cut-Sheet Production-Print Market
March 4, 2015 – Canon Solutions America reports that Canon has been named by International Data Corporation (IDC) as the U.S. continuous-feed production-print market-share leader with a 36-percent share. IDC released its findings in its report, U.S. Production Environment 2014 Vendor Shares, published this month (see more on IDC’s report on the worldwide production-printer market here).
Canon’s production-print technology includes Océ DigiDot inkjet-printing technology, Océ Ink Control, and the Océ ColorStream Twin Series inkjet printer. The firm says its market-share numbers could grow as it rolls out its newest product innovations this year: the Océ ImageStream 3500 (a full-color continuous-feed inkjet press that can print on standard offset-coated stock without the use of inkjet treatments), and the recently introduced Océ VarioPrint i300 inkjet printer (the first high-speed, sheet-fed inkjet press in Canon’s portfolio).
The firm says that Canon Solutions America, a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A. and Canon’s sole provider of continuous-feed production-print, was instrumental in the recapturing of Canon’s lead in the U.S. market through a variety of customer outreach programs, go-to-market strategy enhancements, and the development of industry resources.
“We’re committed to listening to the market – and our customers – so we can deliver the solutions that will give our customers the competitive advantage they need to succeed now and into the future,” commented Mal Baboyian, executive vice president of Large Format Solutions/Production Print Solutions for Canon Solutions America. “As the market for inkjet continues to grow, Canon Solutions America will continue to support Canon’s leadership in the industry through investment in innovation and loyalty to our customers.”
Earlier this year, Canon Solutions America announced the formation of a community of their production-print customers where information and best practices will be shared across a wider group of print providers. The thINK user group will hold its inaugural event September 8-10, 2015 in New York, New York.
- February 2015: CANON OFFICIALLY LAUNCHES ‘NIAGARA’ – THE OCÉ VARIOPRINT I300 FIRST-OF-ITS-KIND DIGITAL PRESS
- November 2014: CANON’S OCÉ DIVISION OFFICIALLY LAUNCHES ITS FIRST FULL-COLOR INKJET PRINTING SYSTEM
- November 2014: CANON LAUNCHES IMAGEPRESS C60 DIGITAL COLOR PRESS WITH OPTIONAL NEW FIERY SERVERS
- September 2014: CANON ADDS NEXT-GENERATION IMAGEPRESS C800 DIGITAL COLOR PRESS SERIES FOR COMMERCIAL PRINTERS
- July 2014: IDC: GLOBAL DIGITAL COLOR PRODUCTION-PRINT MARKET TO REACH NEARLY $25 BILLION FROM 2014-2018
- June 2014: IDC: GLOBAL PRODUCTION-PRINTING MARKET ACHIEVES DOUBLE-DIGIT GROWTH IN FIRST-QUARTER 2014
- May 2014: IDC: HIGH-SPEED INKJET-PRINTING WILL CONTINUE TO DOMINATE GLOBAL CONTINUOUS-FEED PRODUCTION-PRINTING MARKET
- September 2013: IDC: WORLDWIDE PRODUCTION-PRINTER SYSTEM SHIPMENTS UP 15 PERCENT
- August 2013: PRINTER, MFP SHIPMENTS PLUMMET IN WESTERN EUROPE, BUT SOME GAINS IN A3 COLOR MFPS AND PRODUCTION PRINTING