Four New Brother Document Scanners with Cloud Connectivity, Kofax Certification
March 3, 2015 – Brother International is rolling out four new mid- to high-volume desktop scanners for small and mid-size businesses (SMBs) in industries such as healthcare, retail, education, finance, legal, and more, the ImageCenter ADS-2000e ($349.99 ESRP) and ADS-2500We ($699.99 ESRP). Brother also introduce the PDS-5000 and PDS-6000 higher-volume document scanners, but pricing isn’t yet available.
The scanners are part of a broader effort from Brother designed to help companies optimize the use of printers and scanners so they can reduce costs, increase productivity, and improve document-processing workflows. An earlier example of this effort is the Brother “Don’t Supersize. Optimize” initiative launched in October 2014, which encourages SMBs to explore balanced technology deployments. Brother also says these devices can be combined with software and cloud solutions to enable mobile workers, enhance document security, and support cost-recovery efforts.
ADS-2000e and ADS-2500We Document Scanners
The new Brother desktop scanners, both of which are rated at 24 ppm in both black-and-white and color, focus on two distinct areas. First, the ADS-2000e and ADS-2500We, enhanced versions of the ADS-2000 and the ADS-2500W, include business-grade features to support de-centralized document-capture scanning and management strategy for SMBs.
Of note, the ADS-2500We builds upon the ADS-2500W with a color touchscreen and wireless connectivity. Features of note include:
- Kofax certification: Compatibility with Kofax VRS Elite software for automatic document examination and settings in order to ensure high-quality scanned images, transforming paper-based files into usable digital data.
- Infrastructure to allow developers and integrators a greater level of customization: Access to the Brother Solutions Interface (BSI) enables developers to access the Web services of the scanner in order to further customize solutions that enhance workflow.
- Cloud-services integration to support corporate mobility and collaborative processes: The ADS-2500We’s Web Connect provides integration with applications such as Microsoft OneDrive and OneNote, Google Docs, Evernote, Dropbox, Picasa Web Album, Flickr, Facebook, Android devices, e-mail servers, and FTP (file transfer protocol) sites.
- Enhanced security: The ADS-2500We includes secure-function lock and Microsoft Active Directory user authentication.
PDS-5000 and PDS-6000 Document Scanners
The new Brother PDS-5000 and PDS-6000 document scanners feature faster scanning speed and throughput, allowing for higher-quality images and larger scanned file sizes, as well as improved image processing and compatibility through drivers and bundled software solutions. Kofax certification enables the PDS-series devices to provide through improved optical character recognition (OCR) processing. Barcode batch-scanning support allows SMBs rapidly processes multiple mixed sets of documents without pre-sorting or stopping and starting. These models also provide a USB 3.0 interface, as well as scan speeds up to 60 ppm for the PDS-5000 and up to 80 ppm for the PDS-6000.
Brother also says the PDS scanner models deliver superior image quality expanded integration with the TWAIN driver.
The ADS scanners are available now and the PDS-series scanners will be available in April. To locate a reseller, visit the Brother Business Solutions Center. For more information on the mobile device printing and cloud connectivity functions, visit www.connectprintshare.com. Learn more about Brother’s solutions for SMBs at www.dontsupersizeoptimize.com.
- April 2015: Hands-On Test Report, Videos and Photo Gallery: Brother’s ImageCenter ADS-2500We Document Scanner
- February 2015: BROTHER LAUNCHES NEW A3 ‘INKBENEFIT’ COLOR INKJET ALL-IN-ONE IN INDIA
- December 2014: PRINT TRACKER NOW PROVIDES EXPANDED REPORTING FOR BROTHER PRINTERS AND MFPS
- December 2014: BROTHER: BIG MFP/COPIERS ARE NOW THE WATER COOLER FOR EMPLOYEES TO GATHER ‘ROUND AND WASTE TIME
- October 2014: BROTHER’S NEW ‘DON’T SUPERSIZE. OPTIMIZE.’ CAMPAIGN: THE CENTRALIZED MFP/COPIER ISN’T ALWAYS THE BEST CHOICE
- April 2014: BROTHER LAUNCHES BR-DOCS PLATFORM FOR CLOUD-BASED DOCUMENT STORAGE AND SHARING
- October 2013: BROTHER COMPLETES WORKGROUP AND MOBILE DOCUMENT SCANNER REFRESH WITH NEW ADS-1500W WITH SCAN TO CLOUD
- September 2013: BROTHER INTRODUCES COMPLETELY REFRESHED DOCUMENT-SCANNER FAMILY, FLAGSHIP DS-920W