New OKI C931e, C941e for Both Traditional and Unique Graphic-Arts and Production Printing
February 16, 2015 — OKI Data Americas reports that availability for its new toner-based C931e and C941e, upgrading its Multimedia Production Platform family of production-quality A3+ (12″x18″) cut-sheet color printers. OKI says these new models deliver enhanced feature sets, faster speed, and superior output quality – including white and clear printing capabilities for the C941e – for those within the graphic-arts and production-printing, as well as for design firms and speciality print shops.
The C931e and C941e can handle a wide range of media for maximum output flexibility. With their professional-quality output, OKI is positioning them as ideal for creative and print-production houses, design firms and specialty print shops. They can be employed for printing packaging, marketing materials, signage, and product labels, and can print on a unique range of media types including polyester, ID badges, product tags, plant stakes, door hangers, placards, envelopes, greeting cards, invitations, GHS labels, and business cards.
Both the LED-based C931e and C941e uses CYMK toners, but the C941e can also use white and clear toners, the latter of which can be used for unique print applications, such as printing on dark-color magnet material.
Highlights of the C931e and C941e digital color printers include:
- Print speed rated at up 50 ppm
- Broad media-handling capabilities, including printing on envelopes, magnetic stock, polyester media, transparent film, and heavy stock up to 360 gsm.
- Microfine toner for superior media coverage, higher imprint density, and higher-quality finish.
- Multilevel LED print heads for maximizing color fidelity.
- Enhanced levels of white and clear toner density for the C941e.
- Print speeds of up to 50 ppm (based on the ISO/IEC 19798 test standard).
- High capacity toner up to 38,000 pages.
- 2 GB of memory.
- Complimentary media-tuning services for printing on unique substrates.
- Optional EFI XF server or Harlequin raster image processor (RIP) for advanced color and job management.
- An extended, on-site warranty of up to two years for the C931e (one-year onsite warranty for the C941e).
OKI will debut the C931e and C941e at the Graphics of the Americas tradeshow and conference taking place in Miami Beach later this month. The printers will be sold through the OKI Professional Color Partner program. For more information, email Product.Marketing@okidata.com.
At the Graphics of America tradeshow, OKI will also preview its new C931DP and C941DP, which are based on the C931e and C941e, but also include an envelope feeder and conveyer accessory. The feeder handles up to 10” x 13” sheets, a wide range of specialty and custom media, and many types of envelopes.
OKI will also demonstrate the following at the show:
- C711DW Digital Web Press – The C711DW digital, roll-to-roll label printing system handles a variety of substrates including paper, polyester and vinyl at widths of 6.5 to 8.5 inches in rolls and a maximum outside diameter of 14 inches. Finishing options include digital die cutting and lamination.
- pro900DP Digital Envelope Press –The pro900DP/905DP is a color–matching digital printer with a short–run production press that handles tabloid–extra (12″ x 18″) sheets, a wide range of specialty and custom media, and many types of envelopes. Delivering consistent professional–quality color through OKI’s HD Color printing technology, this device automatically calibrates colors and supports PANTONE, SWOP, Japan Color, Euroscale and custom ink simulations at up to 1,200 x 600 dpi resolution.
- Kompac Elite Label 10 – A small-footprint, UV/aqueous label-coating and priming system that provides protection and improved appearance, creating premium labels from low-cost substrates. OKI says the system is easy to operate and only takes a minute to change coatings. The system can run in-line or offline and has a maximum width of 10” and a maximum speed of 80 feet per minute.
- October 2014: HANDS-ON REVIEW AND VIDEOS: OKI’S C941DN MULTIMEDIA COLOR PRINTER – PUSHING THE ENVELOPE OF IMAGE QUALITY WITH WHITE AND CLEAR TONER
- February 2015: OKI NET SALES AND INCOME UP FOR NINE-MONTH PERIOD AND THIRD QUARTER
- January 2015: NEW OKI A4 MODELS FEATURE MORE MEMORY FOR FASTER PRINT-JOB PROCESSING, WIFI PRINTING, MORE
- December 2014: OKI LAUNCHING FOUR NEW DICOM PRINTERS OPTIMIZED FOR PRINTING FROM MEDICAL DEVICES
- November 2014: OKI PROVIDES MORE DETAILS ON ITS NEW COREFIDO FIVE-YEAR FREE WARRANTY PROGRAM
- November 2014: OKI REPORTS FAVORABLE SALES GROWTH FOR ITS PRINTER BUSINESS, RAISES FORECAST FOR ITS FULL YEAR
- October 2014: CATCHING UP WITH OKI DATA AMERICAS: A4 AND MORE BRINGING SUCCESS
- September 2014: OKI DATA MULTIFUNCTIONALS NOW OFFER BUSINESS SOLUTIONS FROM MORE THAN 30 PARTNERS
- August 2014: OKI TO PREVIEW NEW COLOR LABEL PRINTER, C711DW, AT LABELEXPO
- July 2014: OKI PRINTER AND MFP BUSINESS ENJOYS ‘DRASTIC IMPROVEMENT’ IN LATEST QUARTER