International Laser Group Agrees Not to Sell Disputed Toner for Use with Canon Printers
February 17, 2015 – International Laser Group (ILG, a member of the Turbon Group) of Calabasas, California, and maker and seller of OEM-alternative toner cartridges, reports that it’s entered into a settlement agreement with Canon Inc. in order to resolve Canon Inc.’s pending lawsuit in the U.S. International Trade Commission and U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York regarding ILG’s alleged infringement of Canon’s U.S.toner-cartridge patents (Patent Nos. 8,280,278; 8,433,219; 8,437,669; 8,494,411; 8,630,564; 8,676,090; 8,682,215; and 8,688,008).
To resolve the matters, ILG will stipulate to a consent order from the International Trade Commission and a consent judgment and permanent injunction from the Southern District of New York, and ILG will be dismissed from both cases.
- January 2015: CANON WINS JUDGEMENTS BARRING ASTER FROM SELLING DISPUTED TONER CARTRIDGES IN THE U.S., HOLLAND, AND FRANCE
- December 2014 – CANON EXPANDS TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT-INFRINGEMENT CAMPAIGN TO GERMANY
- November 2014 – CANON TAKES TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT-ENFORCEMENT CAMPAIGN TO RUSSIA
- October 2014 – LD PRODUCTS SETTLES WITH CANON, AGREES NOT TO SELL DISPUTED TONER CARTRIDGES IN U.S.
- October 2014 – ACM AGREES NOT TO SELL ALLEGED CANON PATENT-INFRINGING TONER CARTRIDGES IN U.S.
- September 2014 – PRINT-RITE TO SETTLE WITH CANON OVER ALLEGED TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT INFRINGEMENT
- September 2014 – CANON SUCCESSFULLY CONCLUDES TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT-INFRINGEMENT LAWSUIT AGAINST GRAND IMAGE
- August 2014 – CANON TAKES TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT-INFRINGEMENT LAWSUIT CAMPAIGN TO THE U.K.
- August 2014 – CANON TAKES TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT-INFRINGEMENT CAMPAIGN TO RUSSIA
- August 2014 – CANON WINS PATENT-INFRINGEMENT LAWSUIT AGAINST KOREAN SUPPLIES MAKER ALPHACHEM
- August 2014 – CANON WINS PRINTER-CONSUMABLES PATENT-INFRINGEMENT LAWSUIT AGAINST THREE COMPANIES
- July 2014 – CANON WINS TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT-INFRINGEMENT SUIT AGAINST NECTRON
- July 2014 – CANON FILES TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT-INFRINGEMENT LAWSUIT AGAINST TWO U.K.-BASED COMPANIES
- June 2014 – CANON DEFENDANTS AGREE NOT TO SELL TONER CARTRIDGES IN U.S.