New Samsung Desktop Printers with iOS & Android Mobile Printing, Usage Tracking, Secure Printing, More
February 11, 2015 – Samsung Electronics America is launching its next-generation black-and-white single-function laser printers, the ProXPress M4530NX ($849.99 MSRP) and M4530ND ($649.99 MSRP), both of which print on up to 8.5″x14″, are rated at up to 47 ppm, and incorporate Samsung’s eXtensible Open Architecture) XOA Web platform for integrating optional Samsung server-based business solutions. Both printers also use the same consumables as Samsung’s ProXpress M4583FX MFP. There’s also broad mobile-printing support, secure print release, and optional usage tracking.
The printers are the same except that the M4530NX has 1 GB of memory, while the M5430ND has 512 MB of memory, both of which are expandable to a maximum of 2 GB. The M4530NX also features a 4.3″ touch screen, while the M4530ND has a four-line LCD panel and built-in numeric keyboard.
Mobile printing is provided with support for Google Cloud Print, Apple AirPrint, and PrinterOn, as well as an option for Near Field Communication (NFC) and wireless option for tap-and-print from NFC-enabled mobile devices. There’s also the free Samsung Mobile Print App Makes for Android and Apple iOS mobile devices – with it, users must print to any Samsung printer or MFP installed on a local wireless network or via Wi-Fi Direct.
Specifications for both printers include:
- 1 GHZ dual-core CPU
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port, 10/100 Base TX Ethernet network interface, and 802.11b/g/n wireless connectivity.
- Optional 320-GB hard drive.
- 550-sheet paper drawer
- Maximum monthly volume of 200,000 pages.
- A Standard Yield toner cartridge yields up to 7,000 pages, while a High Yield cartridge yields up to 20,000 pages, and an Extra High cartridge yields up to 40,000 pages
- User Authentication (enables authorized users to tap and print to a Samsung printer or MFP from their mobile devices.
- 1 GHZ dual-core CPU.
Samsung Business Core Printing Solutions (BCPS) is an optional software suite that runs on Samsung’s XOA-Embedded platform and includes Secure Login Manager, Cloud Connector (print from accounts at Web-based document-storing and sharing sites), Smar Thru Workflow Lite, and Usage Tracker. Up to five Samsung XOA-Web enabled printers or MFPs can run these solutions off of a single XOA-enabled printer or MFP.
The M4530 printers are available through Samsung resellers and channel partners.
- February 2015: SAMSUNG ANNOUNCES NEXT-GENERATION QUADCORE CPU-POWERED A3 MULTIXPRESS 7 MFP
- February 2015: FOLLOWME EMBEDDED WITH SECURE MOBILE PRINTING NOW AVAILABLE FOR SAMSUNG MFPS
- December 2014: SAMSUNG ON THE FIRST ANDROID OS-POWERED PRINTERS
- November 2014: RJ YOUNG IS SAMSUNG’S 2014 DEALER OF THE YEAR; MORE THAN DOUBLED ITS SAMSUNG SALES
- September 2014: SAMSUNG LAUNCHES NEW MARKETING CAMPAIGN, ‘SMARTIFY,’ FOR ITS B2B MFPS
- September 2014: SAMSUNG ACQUIRES PRINTERON, MAKER OF MOBILE CLOUD-PRINTING SOLUTIONS, TO BOLSTER B2B SERVICES
- September 2014: NEW SAMSUNG A4 MULTIFUNCTIONALS FEATURE FIRST ANDROID OS-POWERED USER INTERFACE
- August 2014: IDC: WORLDWIDE PRINTER/MFP MARKET DECLINES FOR FIRST TIME IN THREE QUARTERS; SAMSUNG MAKES GAINS
- April 2014: SAMSUNG ROLLS OUT 2014 ‘SMART’ DESKTOP PRINTER AND MFP LINEUP WITH NFC, GOOGLE CLOUD MOBILE PRINTING
- April 2014: NEW CHANNEL PROGRAM FOR SAMSUNG’S ENTERPRISE BUSINESS DIVISION
- March 2014: SAMSUNG PREVIEWS NEW CLOUD-PRINTING APP WITH ‘CALL TO PRINT,’ NEW NFC PRINTERS