Global Mobile-Printing Market to Grow 32.5 Percent between 2014-2019
February 11, 2015 – Driven by the adoption of BYOD (Bring Your Own Device), market-research firm Research and Markets is forecasting a CAGR of 32.5 percent for the 2014-2019 period for the global mobile-printing market in its report Global Mobile Printing Market 2015-2019.
The firm notes that mobile printing typical refers to printing that’s usually initiated through a mobile device such as tablet or smartphone, and that mobile printing is continuing to gain acceptance among enterprises, driven by an increasingly distributed and mobile workforce. Highly featured tablets and smartphones have been driving the market and its growing adoption among enterprises, and Research and Markets expects mobile printing to expand during its forecast period.
According to the firm’s report, while many enterprises are focusing on centralized their printing environment – consolidating a large fleet of printers, for instance, into a smaller set of higher-volume MFPs – many are also accepting BYOD, and thus mobile printing.
One of the key challenges confronting enterprises will continue to be security – enabling only authorized users to print, and keeping documents and print files secure, as well as security issues related to unclaimed printed output and potential data leaks through unauthorized access to printed documents.
Research and Markets identifies these five vendors as key in the mobile-printing market: Apple, Canon, Hewlett-Packard, Samsung Electronics, and Xerox. Other prominent mobile-printing vendors include Breezy, Brother international, Cortado, Epson, Fuji Xerox, Google, Honeywell International, Konica Minolta, Kyocera Document Solutions, Lanier, Lexmark International, PrinterOn, Ricoh, and Zebra Technologies.
For more information on Research and Markets Global Mobile Printing Market 2015-2019 report, visit the firm here.
- February 2015: FOLLOWME EMBEDDED WITH SECURE MOBILE PRINTING NOW AVAILABLE FOR SAMSUNG MFPS
- January 2015: KONICA MINOLTA ADDS LANTRONIX XPRINTSERVER CLOUD PRINT EDITION TO ITS MOBILE-PRINTING SUITE
- January 2015: CANON EXPANDS AIRPRINT MOBILE-PRINTING SUPPORT TO MORE PIXMAS, IMAGECLASS MULTIFUNCTIONALS
- December 2014: NEW KONICA MINOLTA PAGESCOPE MOBILE ANDROID APP V. 4.0 PROVIDES NFC SWIPE-TO-PRINT
- November 2014: FUJI XEROX LAUNCHES NEXT-GENERATION MANAGED PRINT SERVICES THAT SUPPORT MOBILE AND CLOUD ENVIRONMENTS
- November 2014: CANON EXPANDS AIRPRINT MOBILE-PRINTING SUPPORT TO NEW IMAGERUNNER ADVANCE COLOR MFPS
- October 2014: HAMMERMILL TROTS OUT FREE MOBILE PRINT APP FOR MOBILE APPLE IOS AND GOOGLE ANDROID USERS
- September 2014: EPSON LAUNCHES ITS FIRST MOPRIA-CERTIFIED ALL-IN-ONES FOR ANDROID MOBILE PRINTING; NEW WORKFORCE MODELS
- September 2014: SAMSUNG ACQUIRES PRINTERON, MAKER OF MOBILE CLOUD-PRINTING SOLUTIONS, TO BOLSTER B2B SERVICES
- July 2014: NEW RICOH APP FOR GOOGLE CLOUD PRINT MOBILE PRINTING FOR RICOH BUSINESS-CLASS PRINTERS AND MULTIFUNCTIONALS