Samsung Announces Next-Generation Quadcore CPU-Powered A3 MultiXpress 7 MFP
February 10, 2015 – Samsung Electronics announced its next-generation monochrome A3 MFP for the enterprise, the MultiXpress 7 (MX7), which it will first launch in the United States in May, then in Europe, and then in other markets.
While details are limited at this time, Samsung says the new MX7 is the only A3 MFP on the market powered by a Quadcore CPU (+DSDF) for more efficiency, faster document-processing power, and reduced wait times. The firm says the MX7 – which prints in black-and-white and color – takes only 18 seconds to boot up, and 12 seconds to wake up from sleep mode. It also says the new Quadcore CPU also helps boost image quality to 1,200 dpi print resolution even while running at full speed. First Page Out Time (FPOT) is 3 seconds for black-and-white pages, and 4.5 seconds for color color prints.
Samsung also says the Quadcore CPU also provides a significant reduction in scan times, with scan speeds of up to 120 single-sided images per minute, and up to 240 double-sided images. Also featured is an 802.11ac-capable wireless network chip, which Samsung says is three times faster than the older 802.11n standard. There’s also Bluetooth Low Energy connectivity, giving users “always-on” connectivity, so they can connect and print when they as they are in close proximity to the device.
Android Display with Smart UX 2.0
The MX7 features an enhanced 10.1″ Android-powered control panel/touch screen that runs the Samsung’s Smart UX 2.0, and can be pivoted for easiest viewing. The MFP can be customized with apps, such as Samsung’s Workbook Composer and Smart Service, available for download from Samsung’s printer app store,
The Smart UX Center features what Samsung calls Workspace Cloud, so that documents can be viewed and edited on any device. SCP Pro is also supported, and there are over 20 ISV solutions that provide integration with existing office cloud and server networks. For security, there’s a Tray Locking Kit, which Samsung calls the industry’s first-ever digital-security feature, as the tray can be used to secure printed paperwork by only letting authorized personnel in proximity to the device print these secured documents.
Maximum monthly volume is 300,000 pages, and high-yield toner cartridges that yield up to 30,000 pages of color or 45,000 pages in black-and-white will be available. Options include an automated document stapler for stapling up to 60 sheets, or an 80-page booklet.
- February 2015: FOLLOWME EMBEDDED WITH SECURE MOBILE PRINTING NOW AVAILABLE FOR SAMSUNG MFPS
- December 2014: SAMSUNG ON THE FIRST ANDROID OS-POWERED PRINTERS
- November 2014: RJ YOUNG IS SAMSUNG’S 2014 DEALER OF THE YEAR; MORE THAN DOUBLED ITS SAMSUNG SALES
- September 2014: SAMSUNG LAUNCHES NEW MARKETING CAMPAIGN, ‘SMARTIFY,’ FOR ITS B2B MFPS
- September 2014: SAMSUNG ACQUIRES PRINTERON, MAKER OF MOBILE CLOUD-PRINTING SOLUTIONS, TO BOLSTER B2B SERVICES
- September 2014: NEW SAMSUNG A4 MULTIFUNCTIONALS FEATURE FIRST ANDROID OS-POWERED USER INTERFACE
- August 2014: IDC: WORLDWIDE PRINTER/MFP MARKET DECLINES FOR FIRST TIME IN THREE QUARTERS; SAMSUNG MAKES GAINS
- April 2014: SAMSUNG ROLLS OUT 2014 ‘SMART’ DESKTOP PRINTER AND MFP LINEUP WITH NFC, GOOGLE CLOUD MOBILE PRINTING
- April 2014: NEW CHANNEL PROGRAM FOR SAMSUNG’S ENTERPRISE BUSINESS DIVISION
- March 2014: SAMSUNG PREVIEWS NEW CLOUD-PRINTING APP WITH ‘CALL TO PRINT,’ NEW NFC PRINTERS