FollowMe Embedded with Secure Mobile Printing Now Available for Samsung MFPs
February 10, 2015 – Samsung continues to bolster its mobile-printing capabilities, with partner Ringdale, a provider of document-output management solutions, reporting that it’s released the FollowMe Embedded for Samsung platform. FollowMe Embedded for Samsung is available for all Samsung Electronics eXtensible Open Architecture (XOA) enabled printers and MFPs, and provides secure printing, print-job management, user enrollment, and cost-code assignment, accessed directly from the Samsung MFP’s control panel.
Ringdale says it and Samsung Electronics Printing Solution Business worked in partnership to enable use of consumer mobile devices, such as Samsung Android phones, for secure office printing, by including enterprise-grade support for Google Cloud Print, enabling users to print to XOA-enabled Samsung printers and MFPs from Samsung smart phones and tablets.
With FollowMe, print jobs are submitted to a secure print queue. The user must then authenticate themselves at any enabled printer or MFP for the job to print. Follow Me also tracks all print, copy, fax, scan, and email activity across the entire organization, and provides reporting tools for identifying costs and activity. It also provides a Web-based tool for administrators to manage and track activity.
FollowMe Embedded for Samsung is available worldwide, for Samsung Electronics partners and also channel partners with a multi-vendor proposition.
- June 2014: RINGDALE RELEASES FOLLOWME EMBEDDED FOR OKI SMART MULTIFUNCTIONALS
- April 2013: RINGDALE ENHANCES ITS FOLLOWME EMBEDDED FOR XEROX
- January 2013: RINGDALE RELEASES FOLLOWME EMBEDDED FOR KONICA MINOLTA
- September 2012: RINGDALE’S FOLLOWME MOBILE PRINTING NOW INTEGRATES WITH APPLE AIRPRINT
- September 2012: SHARP VALIDATES RINGDALE’S FOLLOWME FOR SHARP OSA-ENABLED MFPS
- November 2014: RJ YOUNG IS SAMSUNG’S 2014 DEALER OF THE YEAR; MORE THAN DOUBLED ITS SAMSUNG SALES
- September 2014: SAMSUNG LAUNCHES NEW MARKETING CAMPAIGN, ‘SMARTIFY,’ FOR ITS B2B MFPS
- September 2014: SAMSUNG ACQUIRES PRINTERON, MAKER OF MOBILE CLOUD-PRINTING SOLUTIONS, TO BOLSTER B2B SERVICES